Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old    benj_t            11-20-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
ok i hate reading that INT Outlaw Champions thread cause all people want to do is argue over contests and also people like to argue about which pro goes the biggest. i think we need to bring back some fun.

so i want to know what all of you think is the funnest thing about wakeboarding and well see where this thread goes
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-20-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
Sticking a new trick or watching someone stick a new trick is the funnest thing for me in wakeboarding. Honestly just as happy either way especially if i helped coached the person sticking their new trick. I love coaching
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-20-2008, 7:45 PM Reply   
A beautiful day on the lake with next to glass all day long. And I always love to see people boarding for the first time, good times.
Old    dperizzolo            11-20-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
Definitely stomping something new for the first time while your bro's are in the boat. It's a great feeling to have the guys that push you see you succeed. Likewise it is equally rewarding to see your riding buddies lay down something new after getting thrashed a few times.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-20-2008, 10:05 PM Reply   
hmmm those are the same reasons why barefooting is so much fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fa6K4Qwego
Old    wakeridinrob            11-20-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
boobs on the boat
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-20-2008, 10:19 PM Reply   
howling winds, power turning, tubers, drunken D-bags, Ski beach meat heads, launch lines and out of control off shores are my favorite times on the water. j/k!!!!!!!

seriously nothing is better then a couple hours before dark, pure delta butter, every one in your crew throws down a mean set and sticks a new trick, it chills down as the sun sets with a slow roll back to orwood bumpin some g-boyz, "Damm it feels good to be a gangsta" haha, halla if you here me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: i almost forgot the most important part, a fatty from Ortega's to feel the gut before the drive back to S.C. WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Message edited by westsiderippa on November 20, 2008)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-20-2008, 10:57 PM Reply   
i love the mid-summer days when you and your best friends go out on the weekend, take sets in the morning and evening sticking new tricks and watching other tricks at ski beach in between your morning and evening sets
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-21-2008, 3:12 AM Reply   
The freedom, when I am on the board I am not thinking about anything. That is the best thing ever. It's my Utopia of sorts.
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-21-2008, 5:50 AM Reply   
i like to see people eat it. haha. except it is usually me who takes the bad falls. landing new mobes are my favorite
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-21-2008, 6:46 AM Reply   
love big butter turns. nothing better after a long day when you can barely hold the handle any more
Old    alanp            11-21-2008, 6:56 AM Reply   
learning new tricks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-21-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
Sticking a new trick, then sipping Coronas while the sun goes down on he Delta.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-21-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
Feeling the pull is what does it for me. Wakeboarding is really like no other sport. It’s one of the only individual sports that you truly (with exception of the cable) need crew to go out and do. I mean snowboarding, surfing, skating, BMX, whatever your sport, they all can be done 100% alone. Wakeboarding builds crew and friends, because you have to have crew you are forced to meet new people and share new experiences together. Can’t ride alone. Through the experiences with crew, you all get to share the stoke, that may sound cheesy but I cannot tell you how much that means to me. That is what drives me, that is why I ride. We each (typically) ride one at a time, with your crew watching your session from the boat. That is what makes this sport so amazing, with all other sports you may see a few moves your buddies do on any given day, like on the snowboard hill you might catch a crew member blasting off a kicker or at the skate park you might see your homie stick it down the stair set. But its not all eyes on the rider like with wakeboarding. Going one at a time and having your crew watch you all share the stoke, I cannot even begin to describe how stoked I get when one of my homies sticks something new that they have tried over and over again. And when that happens usually your crew is so excited because they helped you trouble shoot the move, again shared excitement. Don’t get me wrong I love a good powder day, but I would rather have a day of wakeboarding with my homies than a day at the mountain. On a powder day, we all might be doing the same thing, but each of us is out there doing it alone until you reach the lift, wakeboarding we are all waiting our turn getting more and more stoked for the person riding and getting more and more excited for our next set. I guess all I am saying is the fun from wakeboarding is like no other individual sport out there, its a share stoke!

sorry for the rant, I dont know if I even got my point across, I just love wakeboaring.