Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-27-2008, 9:48 PM Reply   
It states that it is touchy to rider weight. the 136 is like 140lbs thru 190 and the 143 is like 165 thru 240 or in that range. I am 6 foot and 170ish(light side), which size?
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-28-2008, 8:20 AM Reply   
I think if you are riding it behind the boat I would go with the 143, if you are going to be riding cable/rails I might go with the 136. However the 09's come in a 138 which I like, 141 which is also good and a 144.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-28-2008, 8:20 AM Reply   
The press is a really fun board to ride.
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-28-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
not to hijack but i have a similar question. i'm looking at getting an 08 slingshot recoil and i am 6'1" and 125-30ish should i go with the 138 or the 134. ive been riding a 137 06 hyperlite era and after riding my sisters 134 saphire that thing feels like a tank. so do i need the smaller board or will i be fine with the 138 considering how much lighter it will be.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-28-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
On Flex, go bigger! you will be more stable, and once you figure the pop out will appreciate the bigger board! I ride a 145 response and my roommate rides the 142 recoil!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-28-2008, 5:03 PM Reply   
^agree^
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-28-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
gerald, you should be buying a weight set not a wakeboard
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-28-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
Does anyone think the press flexes as much as the slingshot boards?
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-28-2008, 9:55 PM Reply   
Im a cross country runner
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-29-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
press definitely doesn't flex as much as a slingshot. It's a stiffer flex, and more just towards the tip and tail.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-29-2008, 11:15 AM Reply   
Hey Josh, have you ridden both? Do you like more of the slingshot feel, or the press feel. I've only ridden a slingshot once and the press a few times so I'm not sure which one I like better. What about the Roam?
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-29-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
I've not ridden the press, I'm a huge slingshot supporter though. I like the way the press feels, and looks, I just think that if you're going to go flex, you need to go all the way to get all the advantages of the board. The press is a whole lot stiffer than a slingshot. in saying that, the slingshot stays strong on edge, and isn't to slippery at all. it takes a couple sets to get the feel of it, but once you've got it down, there's nothing better! I've ridden the roam a few times, and it's a fun board, I just couldn't do it all the time. It's a bit to narrow for me, the Slingshot is wide and stable, and there are no fins which makes it super slippery and hard to control any sketch landings.
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-30-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
i was also noticing how wide the recoil is. my era is really narrow and feels big. I just want to make sure that if i get it, it wont be hard to do spins and inverts on and be really slow.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-30-2008, 6:47 PM Reply   
I don't think you'll have a problem Gerald

Slingshot boards are sooo light feeling!!! True they are lighter than most boards, but they truly feel lighter than what they really are. Even a couple of super beginner friends preferred my 142 recoil over the typical 137 hyperlite syn 2007 model (the one patterned after the fret rail era) The noticeable lightness was one of their first comments after riding. all of my other friends have agreed too as compared to their personal boards.

On personal experience, my invert(s) "suffered" a bit initially when riding the slingshot simply because it took a few sets to get used to the flex and smooth surface (i rode the "can-opener byerly" before switching to slingshot). I didn't mind my sudden slight-inconsistencies because i was having so much more fun on the board and i knew from my feelings that i was learning to control the board quickly anyway. I have since learned to use the flex and "slipperiness" for my benefit, beyond that of just having fun and messing arround. Now my backrolls are more solid then they ever were before.