Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    turtle            02-21-2003, 8:29 AM Reply   
I have searched about speakers and found alot of how to build ideas.....I would like to know what speakers to use?

I will be putting 4 6 1/2 inch speakers on my tower..but which ones?

Which iones will I get the best sound from, and what size amps to run them?

Thanks
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-21-2003, 5:38 PM Reply   
The best two sounding 6 1/2 speakers are MB Quart Premium Series or Crystal. It also depends if you want coaxial speakers or two-way component speakers. What's nice about the Crystal speakers is that they sound like an 8 inch woofer and secondly they are a lot less expensive than MB Quart Premium Series.

Mike
Wakeside.com
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-21-2003, 9:44 PM Reply   
What makes Crystal so good, I heard they are not that loud???
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-21-2003, 11:39 PM Reply   
I know someone at one of the largest car audio dealers in the US that sell all of the top brands including MB Quart, Kicker, JL Audio, Infinity, etc. and he told me that the Crystal 6 1/2 sounds as good as the MB Quart Premium Series which is at the top end. He also mentioned that this Crystal 6 1/2 handles the lows as well as an 8 inch woofer.

I have yet to hear it myself, but this guy knows what he is talking about. They have a display with the Crystal 6 1/2 component in their store to demonstrate what this speaker can do.

I want to get a pair to try out this year.

MB Quart has the reputation, but you pay extra for that. Crystal seems to be the high performing underdog.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-22-2003, 8:18 AM Reply   
Crystals are a lot cheaper price wise so they are worth a look. I heard cdt's are also really good if you have room for a component set, but again they are more $$$. Keep us updated on the crystals if you can hear them, if they truly are less $ for as good or better sound they would be a nice option.
Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-22-2003, 3:28 PM Reply   
I have 4 6 1/2 Crystals on My tower. They are loud! 800x4 Kicker power to them. Not the best amp But still loud.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-23-2003, 1:01 PM Reply   
You can get the top of the line 6 1/2" Crystal separates for $140 at www.sounddomain.com. I have heard nothing but great things about these speakers. I need to go listen to them.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-23-2003, 9:49 PM Reply   
Brent,

I'm not sure which model of 6 1/2" Crystal component speakers are $140 at SoundDomain. They sell the CSc60s or CSc60T for $229.95 for a pair and they list for $335. Wakeside.com will be selling these two speakers for exactly the same price ($229.95) with free freight, no sales tax, and earning Wakeside Award Points.

We hope to have our full audio section up by March 7th or so but you can already order now.

Mike Hellweg
www.wakeside.com
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-23-2003, 10:06 PM Reply   
Those are the ones I am referring to. Go in and try to buy a pair (without purchasing). You get $80 Domain Dollars, which is equivalent to a rebate, so they would be $149 with no tax.

They must be good speakers if you guys are taking them on.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-24-2003, 8:33 AM Reply   
You're right, they do have a special going right now - I didn't notice the extra discount. At $149.95, that is a good deal since most of the websites sell these for $229 and they list for $335. Many retailers would sell these for $335 plus tax.