Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-30-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
i have an '02 xstar. When looking at the fly high fat sacs, i am trying to figure out what parts i need in order to hook them up to my current ballast system.

I took the hard tanks out. i havent measured myself, but i read that i have 3/4" tubing coming off the pumps. it is the stock tubing.

i am buying the pro X series V drive sacs http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/FL_EsUTZ

does anyone know how these work? http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/FL_ve9D2

can those be connected straight to the fat sac AND my 3/4" hose?

i would like a way to disconnect them if needed. i am hoping someone can help me on all of the parts i need to order.

thanks.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-30-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
you should be fine w/ those --that is how i did mine -- use a hose clamp and fasten directly to the quick-disconnect --- make sure you get the needed male fittings to add to the sac...
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-30-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
matt --looky here.. http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/442233.html?1177947999
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-30-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
josh,

thanks for that link. i am the 2nd in line. might be too late, but we will see.

also, that shows me how those connectors work. i couldnt quite tell until i saw his pictures.

so a 3/4" connector is the right one for 3/4" tubing, correct?
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       04-30-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
Correct. All the sizes for tubing and connectors refer to the Inside Diameter (ID), so you can always just measure accross the end of the tube /connector and get your size.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-30-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
rich is correct -- those connectors are wonderful - i just finished my install and used them.. i also believbe rich did the same...
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-30-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
For your install you will need the following fittings...
4 - Fly High Pro X 3/4" Quick Release Connectors (W736)
4 - Fly High Pro X 3/4" Elbow Quick Connects (W742)
The quick release connectors will screw into the sacs and the elbow quick connects will latch onto those fittings with a hose barb on the opposite side. I believe your system is setup with a fill/drain hose that will connect to the bottom of the sac and a vent hose that will connect to the top. Depending on the year of Mastercraft the tubing should be 3/4". I would measure the tubing before you purchase the fittings. It should be a fairly basic install. Have fun.
Thanks,
Spencer
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-01-2007, 6:15 AM Reply   
spencer - why do you say W742 and not W740? Do the elbows serve a purpose versus straight quick connects?
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-01-2007, 6:51 AM Reply   
matt, elbows allow you to get into a tighter space. also keeps the lines from being in the kinked position. it all depends on the location of the hole position in you sacs...