Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       04-18-2010, 2:35 AM Reply   
I'm getting ready to leave my house to go and meet up with harley, nicola and sam for some sunrise shreddin on lake holden. Hopefully they'll all get up in time and we can have some fun.
Ill keep you posted about how the shoot went and who threw down what.
ughhh its too early
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-18-2010, 4:40 AM Reply   
You poor thing. hahahah Lookin forward to the vid man.
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       04-18-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
its 12.37PM and I just got home. Im about to import the footie. it was pretty cloudy. not exactly what I imagined but we still had some fun.
Harley took a ridiculous set as usual. Nicola got uber close to a few KGBs and Sam rode sick too.
fun times. videos coming soon!
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-18-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
Dude...thats dedication. Bummer about the light, but I'm still looking foreward to the edit.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-18-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
You definitely had a successful day before I woke up. 5:30 is dedication.
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       04-20-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
heres the first edit from that morning.

from Norbi Vasko on Vimeo.

Sam just recently moved in with Harley and its needless to say he shreds! He's originally from Australia and he's 20 years old. I definitely had fun shooting this one.
even tho I woke up at 5 and was so excited for the sunrise shoot I couldn't go back to sleep.
tune by : Vampire Weekend - Giving Up The Gun
Enjoy
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-20-2010, 7:37 AM Reply   
I wake up at 5:30 every morning. Definitely isn't fun waking up an hour before the sun comes up, but there is no way better to start the day than an early morning wake set.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-20-2010, 7:54 AM Reply   
i wake up at 5:30 every morning too. Now i just have to figure out how to fit a morning set in there!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-20-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
He's got a lot of style... It's so funny seeing all of these kids riding these $80k boats loaded with weight.. These guys are living the LIFE!

Great vid Norbi.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-20-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
Looks like that early morning paid off. Really liked watching him, those super tweaked grabs looked real cool. Cant wait for Harley!
Old     (ridetillurdead26)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-20-2010, 12:15 PM Reply   
That kid rips for sure. Awesome video as usual Norbi!
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-20-2010, 2:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgettel View Post
i wake up at 5:30 every morning too. Now i just have to figure out how to fit a morning set in there!
unfortunately i was not referring to my situation. i too do not get time for a morning set, but i meant on like a weekend or an off day. Having a red bull on the boat at first light, amazing.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-20-2010, 2:46 PM Reply   
are those sex-stars identical btw?!?
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-20-2010, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
He's got a lot of style... It's so funny seeing all of these kids riding these $80k boats loaded with weight.. These guys are living the LIFE!

Great vid Norbi.
What do you mean here exactly? That because they have an 80k boat, they shouldn't weight it because it is bad for the boat, or that they don't need to weight it? A boat like an x-star or 230 or VLX is designed to be weighted. Otherwise you wouldn't need half of the engine that they come with. I think it is way more funny to see people with $80k boats that don't weight them. That is basically saying that you just got the boat because you can, but cannot really use the boat for what it was actually made for, a BIG WAKE. You don't even get to see the true wake of a boat until it is fully weighted nor can you judge a wake based on stock ballast. The X-Star wake stock is definitely no where near a high caliber wake, nor is any wake out there stock besides for Epic but that is because their boat comes with something like 3500 lbs stock . My 210 with just stock ballast has an absolutely awful tiny wake, and then when I put 3500 lbs in it, it is like a beast being released from its cage. I think it is even funnier when people buy a boat like a X-45 or 226 for the same price they could have gotten an X-Star or 230 knowing that there is a boat out there with a better wake, but they went for the other one for some unknown reason.
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-20-2010, 5:59 PM Reply   
Lol man^^^ I think he meant it is funny to see such young kids just chilling and riding on a 80k boat without any older adults. As in it would be funny to see a 17 year old kid driving around in a Ferrari or something. They are living the life man. Congrats to them!
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       04-21-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
Heres the second Edit from that same morning:

It's been 12 days since I put out the first part of the Gnarley Harley series. Thanks to everyone it's gotten over 14k views. This time we had the chase boat and even Harley woke up for the morning session
I wish it wasnt so overcast but what can you do.
Gnarley Harley 2010 Part2!
Enjoy

from Norbi Vasko on Vimeo.