Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (glasshouse)      Join Date: May 2007       09-11-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
I just bought a fat sack and pump, but im not sure how to wire a switch inline so that all i have to do is flip it one way for fill, and the other for drain. its a peranna? pump with two wires? also im going to wire in a cigarette plug so that i can store the pump elsewhere. Id appreciate any help.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-12-2007, 6:38 AM Reply   
never heard of the pump before but I am assuming it is an aerator style pump which will not pump in reverse. The main pumps that are used to reverse are the simer bw85p and jabsco ballast/water puppies. Those are dc impeller pumps and you can reverse the polarity of the motor which causes it to run in reverse. The impeller will flip around inside and pump water the other direction.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-12-2007, 6:48 AM Reply   
If you wire one pump to bring water in, connect the output of that pump to the output of another pump (so if they were both turned on they would fight each other, one on would pump one direction, the other on would flow the opposite way) would be the only thing I could thing of to making it work
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-12-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
Matt, it's not going to work.. However, if you purchase anopther pump you can wire both pumps to the same switch.... Good luck.
Old     (dgunthert)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-12-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
Is the pump you have reversible? If it is, the pump should pretty explicitly say so. If the pump isn't reversible, you can't do it the way you're talking about.

If it is reversible, you'll need a 3-way sway, 6-blade switch. Wire the battery leads to the middle blades, wire the pump leads to the top (or bottom) blades, and then wire some crossover leads from the top blades to the bottom blades.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-12-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
do a search, lots of diagrams on how to wire em up. personally I like the relay scheme myself.