Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (tnctryboy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-14-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
any body ride dale hollow lake in tennessee?
Old     (jolly)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-15-2007, 12:10 AM Reply   
yeah i have ridden there once, it was so awesome. The lake is so big that if you are in a cove and somebody else comes into it, they see you and turn around and leave. I have never seen that happen before, but there are just so many coves and spots to ride that they find their own. The water was also very warm, mid July, and the air was very humid. during the early morning sets the water was steaming, being from southern cali that is something you don't see every day.
Old     (tnctryboy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-15-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
yea I grew up there and will be going back hopefully either in june or july. you are right that lake is awsome. One of the best thing now that i live in Socal is that the water is super clean also.
Old     (gmhdesign)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-15-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
Shawn,

Dale Hollow is a very nice lake. Lake Cumberland is its big brother to the north east. Most people go to Cumberland. I like Dale Hollow because it seems less crowded. We always put in at Wisdom Dock. There are some good cliffs to jump from around there somewhere. I can never remember, but I know they are just around the corner form one of the north eastern marinas.
Old     (mcfatty)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-15-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Lake Cumberland is all but dried up due to repairs on the dam.

http://static.cnhi.zope.net/flashpromo/somersetkentucky/flashpromo/slideshow/tuttlephotos/JohnTuttle.swf
Old     (gmhdesign)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-15-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
Wow I had no Idea!
Old     (tnctryboy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-15-2007, 1:46 PM Reply   
holy drained lake batman I did not think it would be that bad like i said i grew up in dale hollow but those pics just changed the days of my vacation. I was going to go back there the first of july but with cumberland that low dale hollow will be crazy. still going to pack my board and try to snag some pulls.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-15-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
Dale Hollow is da place to be!!!.. StarPoint
Old     (mi_moomba)      Join Date: May 2005       05-15-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
How long is Cumberland going to be that low? And how often does this happen?
Old     (tnctryboy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-15-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
looks like i will be there in mid june and want to board as much as i can in the mornings.
Old    shawn_madison            05-15-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
Dale Hollow is an excellent Lake and has some great fishing!

I would highly recommend.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-16-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
I have a friend with a house boat, and he's down there twice a month. Usually this time of year the lake is a mess with a ton of debri on the water. I was told most of the marina's have been moved to deeper waters, and that they have poured new ramps. The lake is huge and even though it has been lowered it's still bigger than Norris.