Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-14-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
What are the key differences? I really hope to demo but I work alot and I mean over 60 hours a week. I like a board that is fast but is also skatey. And will the Marius land that much better?

Also, is it worth it to step up to the 07 Marius platinum?

Thanks guys in advance.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-14-2007, 9:13 PM Reply   
Differences-
Marius is much wider.
Shane is 3 stage and marius is a continuous rocker.
I have heard that the marius isn't as fast as most continuous boards. Shane is fast for a 3 stage.
Similarities-
Both land soft. Marius is really popular because of it's soft landings and they maybe a lil softer than the shane.

I think the Shane is the better choice for you because it rides pretty loose but it holds well on edge and carries speed into the wake.
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-15-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
Thanks, I am really considering the Shane. I really hope to demo, but like I said, I work too much!!!!

I know they changed the core of the Marius Platinum but how much change is there between this years model and last years?
Old     (dekay)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-15-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
You can compare the 06's to the 07's and the same years, they're just different graphics.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-15-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
i'm curious about this comparison as well, but i've heard that the shane is more grippy than the marius.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-15-2007, 10:28 PM Reply   
I am with Joe, the Maruis is quite loose without the giant center fin. A blast to ride I might add.
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-16-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
You can always swap out the stock cupped fins on the shane for the smaller (0.7") ones like these:

http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/na_PmuqG

It loosens up the ride considerably but the board still hooks up on edge.

(Message edited by rake on March 16, 2007)
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-19-2007, 6:57 AM Reply   
Also, what about the difference in riding in chop? I recently moved to Dallas and unfortunately will be on Lewisville alot. Man Im going to miss Tablerock!