Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-16-2005, 9:44 PM Reply   
and this is what we ended up with.

me

bug goin' big on the fish

josh (sick wake on that x-2, bro!)

our guard dog, bob

people actually do this on smooth water??? unbelievable!

josh, thanks for the pulls...absolute awesome day! can't wait to see the footage from the housing footage!

bug, post the rest of the pics...do your magic w/ photoshop, like make me goin' 20ft. up on a w2w!

(Message edited by dakid on April 16, 2005)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-17-2005, 8:36 AM Reply   
Missed you guys! I was at the Malibu booth all day. Got there about 7:15 and left about 5. Looked around but did not see anyone I recognized.

Man, I hope you got a little of the early water, because the rest of the day looked like the ocean out there. Many of the people that came by were asking how various boats handled on rough water. I guess they got to find out. They were pretty impressed.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-17-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
buzz, we had butter all day! gotta love the channel!

i was going to pay a visit to all the booths and get some stickers. but it just looked way too crowded. sorry we missed you!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-17-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
Nice pics!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-17-2005, 3:54 PM Reply   
!@#$%^**$#@!@... That could have been me there riding in the channel too.. I was a contendor.. Thanks for the invite
Josh, maybe next time... Dam I hate that thing called work sometimes..
Nice pics guys!!...
Bug... What did you think of the FISH?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-17-2005, 5:54 PM Reply   
Joe: Sick Stalefish!

We had it worse on the Delta today. Wind was blowing big time. Found some ridable water though so it was all good. Felt good to ride in mid 60s water.

Yeah bug and Joe, what's your take on the fish?

Couple weeks ago this boat was wakesurfing back in the ski course at Pedro. I actually asked them if they could go somewhere else. It was the only good water at the time.

(Message edited by jarrod on April 17, 2005)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-17-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
thanks jrod. bug did this melan 180 that was huge, floaty and way stylie! too bad i put the cam away at that point.

more butter pics.

Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       04-17-2005, 11:37 PM Reply   
Yeah guys... great freaking day.. i think i rode sets, including the one set i took riding with only 1 hand, while holding the camera in the other.. All in all, couldnt ask for a better day.. ill get some of that footage up soon
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       04-17-2005, 11:37 PM Reply   
meant to say "5 sets" .. and thats a crap load
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-18-2005, 5:18 AM Reply   
Know how you feel, I volunteered my VLX for the Malibu Demo Day at Anderson and there was a Bass tournament going on as well. It was interesting when we all decided to leave at the same time. Victoria was primo on Friday though.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-18-2005, 8:04 AM Reply   
Josh ~ thanks for the pulls and hooking up the channel. It was a great to get out on nice water and not be in a hurry. Too bad I hurt my knee on the 1st run. Your X2 is sick and I would love to see some of that footage.

THE FISH ~ This has to be one of the funniest boards I've ridden to date. The pop is awesome. Strait up and explosive. I was really surprised on how well the board edges. The landings could be a little softer, but I was riding it with a sore knee. I think I would get the 129, but the 125 was not that small. Nose grabs are a little harder cause of the size, but after the 1st miss I had it down.

If any who is reading this and would like to trade the 129 LF fish for a 144 HL roam..... I'm game.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-18-2005, 10:15 AM Reply   
bug, i may know someone that may want to trade. i'll let you know.

(Message edited by dakid on April 18, 2005)
Old     (socalrider)      Join Date: May 2002       04-18-2005, 11:41 AM Reply   
How is the water quality at elsinore right now. Is there any visibility in the water. Last time I summer when I was there you couldn't see more than a inch or two below the surface.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-18-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
it's nowhere near as green as it usually is. does that help?