Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-07-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
I bought a new boat to get away from all the problems and my new boat gives me more problems than my 84 ski centurion.granted it's all under warranty and they are small problems like my alternator bracket screws breaking that hold it in place and now the latest thing possible heater core.took on so much water it almost sunk.

Is anybody else going through this or did I just end up with a lemon??
Old    walt            09-07-2004, 7:48 PM Reply   
Ed, I've herd of other people on here that have had trouble with their heaters too.
Old    walt            09-07-2004, 7:49 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/183407.html
Old    walt            09-07-2004, 7:50 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/77997.html
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-07-2004, 10:02 PM Reply   
is there any other potential problem a new boat might have?
has anyone else have any kind of problems with their new boats?
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-08-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
Seems like there's a lot of 1) infant mortality, and 2) bugs. One has to do with bad QA, and the other with low production volume or just 'not quite good enough' engineering.

The more gadgets you've got, the more stuff is gonna break: that's probably one of the things that appeals about the towboat, right? Start with a simple design, but load it up with all sorts of wakeboarding-related gadgets and stuff's gonna break.

Bet that '84 Centurion was pretty simple.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-08-2004, 6:32 PM Reply   
It was real simple.yeah you are right,but you would think it's BRAND NEW right!! I only had the boat for 5 months ( 100hrs)
you are right on the actual gadgets, it's them that are breaking down.I was thinking next time I won't get a heater.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-09-2004, 7:10 AM Reply   
Nah, heater's something that every wakeboard boat should have. Mine doesn't and I never hear the end of it come winter time. Auto ballast is another and Perfect Pass and wired remote and XM Radio and.......
Old     (dmkhnr)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-09-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
They all have their first year problems. My leftover 03 now has 60 hours on it. I had a list of 15 items the weekend I bought it, I dropped it off, and they fixed them. a few problems they didn't get too, but it was something that can be fixed after the season is over. It was a little dissapointing to buy a brand new boat, and have problems that first weekend, but after talking to other comp boat owners, they all experienced this (all brands).
Bottom line:
It has a 5 year warranty. If its a minut problem, I will just fix it, or live with it until off season. Something major, and you miss out on 4 weeks of riding. That would be somthing to make a ruckus about.
DK
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-09-2004, 5:35 PM Reply   
I guess when I drive from L.A. to sac.delta to ride on weekends,I'm pretty bummed when i can't enjoy every minute of it.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-09-2004, 5:39 PM Reply   
me reaching 100hrs on the boat hopefully that's the mark that what went wrong did go wrong and no more. (at least for a long while) please!?!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
I generally put 200+ hours on a Malbiu VLX every year and have very few problems with the last 4 or 5.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-10-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
Is this just a manufacturer thing? No bashing, but I don't hear alot of CC owners complaining about 1st or 2nd year problems. I'm proud to say mine has only been in the shop once for a steering cable replacement when it started freezing (8 years old). Knock on wood. Since I'm buying another boat this year it makes me wonder if CC owners are seeing this also. I do know a friend has had nothing but problems with his '02 'BU. Seriously, it's in the shop more than it's on the water. Currently it's in Merced so they can figure out why it won't run.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-10-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
thanks for the input guys