Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (tazz)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-18-2004, 5:55 PM Reply   
On the way to the lake this weekend my passenger windshield was shattered by a rock from a tractor/trailor rig. What a glass mess. Now I need to find a new one. My boat is a 98 centurion elite v-drive. The stattered glass is the curved one up front. I live in the Sacramento area. Anyone know where I can get a new one? It looks like I can do the install myself, I just need the glass.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-18-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
Your best bet is a Centurion dealer
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       07-19-2004, 7:08 AM Reply   
The same thing happened to me a couple years ago. We were leaving for a weeks vacation on a Friday afternoon and were about 2 hours away from home when the passenger side window shattered into a million pieces. I called Tige boats directly and talked to someone in the parts dept. They went out of their way to get me a replacement window sent to a glass shop in a town near where we were camping. They were able to get it shipped out that Friday and overnighted. I had the window installed the following Monday.
I am still finding little chucks of glass from the window 2 years later.
I couldnt order just the window... they come already mounted in the frame and the frame just slides into place with the side window.
Old    wakecord            07-19-2004, 7:12 AM Reply   
TaylorMade produces the majority of windshields for the industry.

http://www.taylormarine.com/windshields/index.html

They can probably point you in the right direction.

(Message edited by wakecord on July 19, 2004)
Old     (tazz)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-19-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I contacted the local hammers and they said they would have to order it from Fineline. I also have a call into fineline and am waiting for a return call.
Old    billiam71            07-19-2004, 6:56 PM Reply   
Brad, I had the same issue saturday night except mine was shattered out of my 04 X-2 by some infornt of my house. Let me know what you find out I have a call into taylormade because copes is trying to sell me the whole dam assembly: frame, curved window, and small triangular window for $399.00, what a rip. I just need the curved glass and I could install myself.
Old     (tazz)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-20-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
Bill

I have to order the whole frame and window from Fineline. They don't have just the window.I also have a e-mail into taylormade. Your getting off cheap at 399.00. I mine is $971.00, I'm not sure if its so much because its the port side and may include the center folding window. Let me know what happens if you hear from taylormade. It sure would be nice to just find the glass.
Old    wakecord            07-20-2004, 8:39 AM Reply   
FYI:

Flat glass = cheap
Curved glass = expensive
Compound curves glass = astronomical

Many newer ski/runabout boat's windshields fall into category 3.

In the 80's almost all were in category 1.

Agree with above. $400 for a complete side section sounds like a bargain.
Old     (tazz)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-22-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
Good news. John Baudry at Fineline was able to come up the a piece of glass for me. It was in an old frame that they couldn't use. What great customer service!!! He's pulling the glass out and shipping it tomorrow. Price was under my insurance deductable, perfect. I've seen Fineline get bashed here, but I have nothing but kudos for them.