Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-08-2003, 9:33 PM Reply   
For the new boat we are thinking of running:
1 set B-50's
1 set B-530's
1 set B-60's or B-70's

Does anyone know which one out of the B-60,B-70 hang down and match the B-530.

Are the supplied speakers good enough for the job, or should we order just the canisters and then use a better grade of MB Quart speaker?

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old    mtbmudmachine            02-09-2003, 8:15 AM Reply   
The B-530 have a large and small can the Large is 6 1/2 the small is 5 1/4 The B-60's are 6 1/2 So the b-60's with match the outside can of the b-530's So a tower with a set of B-530's and B-60's would be like this 1 set 5 1/4's and 2 sets of 6 1/2's The only thing is the 5-30's are running in 2 Ohms and the 60's are running in 4 ohm’s It would be better if you could get 1 set of b-530s and 2 sets of b-60's the 2 sets of b-60 you could run them together and drop them down into 2 ohms and run a "Phat"---boy 4 channel amp on the tower, As far as upgrading the speakers to the Q series (I Don't know) Ask Doug H! I know he would do It (Audio Freak) bastard; J/K Hey Travis You got any V-block left over! Send some down. I need to line my cans "Ping Ping"
Old    mtbmudmachine            02-09-2003, 8:19 AM Reply   

Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-09-2003, 8:59 AM Reply   
So you are running what come from Boss? If they sound great then I will leave them alone.

I want to run everything I listed B-60, B-530 and B-50. Ohms shouldn't matter because there will be plenty of different amps to run different things.

Another ? any suggestions on a good deck that has a digital wired remote and a regular remote. Also needs to accept a changer.

Grant your tower looks great I just want to replace your new B-50's with B-60's on the other end.

Thanks for the help.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com

Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-09-2003, 2:45 PM Reply   
Phaeton,

Have you looked at the Mako MBQ-65 speakers at Wakeside.com? They are essentially the same as the B-70's, but substantially less. Also, they come lined with dynamat...its seems like these folks have been reading posts on Wakeworld.

What boat are you looking at, and why are you moving away from the 8's on the tower?

I dropped the sub on the VLX I have on order, so I was looking at the Skylon Deafcon IV's as a pretty good full range solution...
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-09-2003, 2:51 PM Reply   
BT we ordered a Calabria Pro-V. It comes with a Boss Tower so we want the speakers to match.

The 8's on my old boat were to fill the back seat. The new boat shouldn't have that problem with the system that is going in it.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old    hlboatsnboards            02-09-2003, 3:04 PM Reply   
Travis...
What all did ya end up with as far as options on the new boat?

B
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-09-2003, 3:32 PM Reply   
6.2 ltr
Corsa Silent exhaust
Heater
Shower
New swoosh checkered graphics (top Red, Black strip and checkers, white hull)
Grey interior ( I think it is K or something like that)
Pewter dash
Clock
Tow mooring cover
Depth finder with air/water readings
Pull up cleats-rear added
Boss Bimini
PP wakeboard digital pro
Transom mounted ski eye

This is what else we wanted.
Left-Right ballast switch
NO Pylon
Two mirrors both windshield mount
Spare prop

No stereo . We will do that here.

Trailer options:
He is going to try and get an Extreme trailer with polished stainless fenders. If that doesn't happen then we will go with a Red Dhm trailer.

Tube frame
Spare tire
Swing away tongue
Prop cage casters

No keel roller but a V-pad.

Then you know what we are planning for the tower.

We opted not to get the table. If we ever need it I can install it.

We took a test drive yesterday. Simply amazing how that big of a boat can handle like a 20' D-drive. Gotta love the no bow rise.

Anything I missed?

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com

Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-09-2003, 3:55 PM Reply   
Those look like great boats, and I love the Pure-Vert ballast system.

I envy the options you west coast boaters have. I'd love to look at a Calabria, MB Sports or Sanger boat. These are just not an option in Florida...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2003, 4:11 PM Reply   
Have you sold your boat Phaeton or did you trade it?
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-09-2003, 4:15 PM Reply   
Sold it. Took three phone calls. Sold it for $700 less than I paid for it. So much for the resale value theory.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2003, 4:22 PM Reply   
Only moron's believe the "non top 3" boats don't hold there value, a quick look at flipsell disproves that. *Tige' not withstanding*
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-09-2003, 8:21 PM Reply   
Travis,

The Boss B50, B60, and B530 speakers are all using the reference series of components. It is possible to upgrade the B530 and the B60s to the MBQuart Premium Series like the PSD 216 for the 6 1/2 inch cans.

If you are interested, we can help you with either the bare cans and mounts or a customized version of the B530 or B60 that include the MBQuart Premium Series as I mentioned above.

Mike Hellweg
http://www.wakeside.com/
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-09-2003, 8:32 PM Reply   

Travis - Mike is the man!!!!! Like I was saying I'm running "Q" series drivers in my B-530'S I ordered them empty Dyna-Mt them then loaded them.I also have a pair of B-50's that I purchased from Mike (WAKESIDE) with Refferance series drivers. They are greta set of speakers, but I have repalced the drivers W/Premeiere series drivers and they made a huge differance. Man they ROCK. Grant is running B-530's & (2) sets of B-50's. they look awesome. Hve not heard them yet but he is getting ready to re-due his amps with new PPI's should hit hard.

Mike@wakeon.com (Lake Sonoma Riders)