Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-03-2014, 4:10 PM Reply   
Remote control your wave! This should stop some fighting between me and the Mrs!
http://www.tige.com/surfx?mc_cid=bfd...eid=2108a8cbd9
Old     (MBofTexas)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-03-2014, 6:35 PM Reply   
Woops dropped the remote........
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2014, 7:12 PM Reply   
I believe there will be a lanyard, and there will be one at the polar bear.
Old     (MBofTexas)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-03-2014, 7:29 PM Reply   
I figured, I tease.......
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2014, 7:33 PM Reply   
;-)
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-04-2014, 10:13 AM Reply   
I think it's a cool idea and all but at the same time I don't really understand why I would need to use it all of the time? Once you have your weight set up dialed and you figure out the speed why would I need to be adjusting all of the time?
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-04-2014, 10:23 AM Reply   
^^^^Good Point.

once your set up is good.....why keep switching it.

I havnt seen it in person or anything else. But it just seems like a gimmick to me
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-04-2014, 10:40 AM Reply   
My second thought would be that I'm surfing so I'm not that far behind the boat. I already have a hand signal for taps adjustment or I just yell....again, I'm not that far behind the boat to get something adjusted on the fly.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       09-04-2014, 10:48 AM Reply   
Sure to be copied by the others. Now driver wont have to switch the gate/nss rider can do it and transfer on your own. I am sure it floats. Haha good luck finding it though.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-04-2014, 11:05 AM Reply   
Because why don't we need another add on for thousands of dollars that the beginner rider has no business fooling with?

With that being said... I'd love to try it out hahahaha
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-04-2014, 12:32 PM Reply   
I see why some people would like this, but I don't know why Tige releases a remote control when they should be working on being able to switch sides instantly like every other company is already doing.
Old     (Jbort)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-04-2014, 12:33 PM Reply   
Mitch: X2
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       09-06-2014, 3:02 PM Reply   
Useless.. But I'm glad to see folks thinking and innovating...

Now if I could actually steer and run the boat with it negating the need for a driver....
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-07-2014, 11:41 PM Reply   
Kinda seems like an innovation you put out just for the sake of saying you're innovating. Can't ding Tige for what they've done, but this is surely one of those +1s when dealers are throwing out selling points.
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       09-10-2014, 12:24 PM Reply   
Funny. Was just reading over malibus surfgate patent, this entire idea is included in it lol
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-10-2014, 6:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by aricsx15 View Post
Funny. Was just reading over malibus surfgate patent, this entire idea is included in it lol
That's funny. Malibu doesn't even have a VX ATTACHMENT much less a remote adjustment for one. You are saying the applied for a patent for something they didn't even produce. Now that's funny.
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       09-11-2014, 4:28 PM Reply   
Straight off the US Patent

1. The boat of claim 1, wherein said controller is responsive to rider input.
12. The boat of claim 11, wherein said rider input is wirelessly transmitted to said boat.
13. The boat of claim 12, wherein said wireless transmission originates from one of a rider wrist worn device or fob.

funny, sure. fact? yes
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-11-2014, 5:05 PM Reply   
It doesn't say what the controller controls. You can't patent a general statement.What does a TV remote do? The same thing as that and a stereo remote and a light remote and an alarm remote. Do you actually believe everything you read?
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-11-2014, 6:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
It doesn't say what the controller controls. You can't patent a general statement.What does a TV remote do? The same thing as that and a stereo remote and a light remote and an alarm remote. Do you actually believe everything you read?
I'm pretty sure the context of his point was related to the idea of a remote control operated by the rider that manipulates the characteristics of the wake. That is the point of coincidence. It is blatantly known that the object that is being controlled by each boat functions differently.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-12-2014, 5:39 AM Reply   
I'm sure it's a general statement by Malibu. To protect their surfgate which has been copied by just about every manufacturer but Centurion, MB, Sanger and Tige.Just pointing out we're comparing apples and oranges. Yes they're both fruit but different.
Old     (suit226)      Join Date: Mar 2014       09-14-2014, 10:44 AM Reply   
won't catch on... Good try tho
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-15-2014, 10:44 PM Reply   
Just saying, stuff like this is handy. On Trayson's old Supra, it has perfect pass and also a wireless perfect pass remote. We put the remote on a sports arm band and were able to control the speed on the fly while surfing. This was pretty handy as you could adjust the wave to be a little longer or a little more push yourself without the back and forth with the driver. It was pretty convenient, normally you set it once while you were back there and it was fine, but you were able to fine tune it again when you switched to riding opposite what you were, aka upstream vs downstream.
Old     (CarbonSurf)      Join Date: Jun 2014       09-24-2014, 7:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
I see why some people would like this, but I don't know why Tige releases a remote control when they should be working on being able to switch sides instantly like every other company is already doing.
What he ^ said.
Old     (CarbonSurf)      Join Date: Jun 2014       09-24-2014, 7:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
Just saying, stuff like this is handy. On Trayson's old Supra, it has perfect pass and also a wireless perfect pass remote. We put the remote on a sports arm band and were able to control the speed on the fly while surfing. This was pretty handy as you could adjust the wave to be a little longer or a little more push yourself without the back and forth with the driver. It was pretty convenient, normally you set it once while you were back there and it was fine, but you were able to fine tune it again when you switched to riding opposite what you were, aka upstream vs downstream.
Was thinking why not just use an ios or android app and controls the entire system as u point out above, speed, trim tabs, radio volume, track skip. Phone must be in a waterproof case that floats.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-26-2014, 3:45 PM Reply   
I'm curious to what exactly it is changing? What's parts are moving?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-26-2014, 5:11 PM Reply   
I think the Convex Vx moves up and down now and on the ASR, it has a larger TAPS Plate too.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-28-2014, 10:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonSurf View Post
Was thinking why not just use an ios or android app and controls the entire system as u point out above, speed, trim tabs, radio volume, track skip. Phone must be in a waterproof case that floats.
I would love a remote that did all of that, I'm thinking it'd be better as a stand alone remote though versus an app. It would be cool, but there'd be a ton of people killing their phones by not doing it right and then there'd probably be a demand for the remote anyway. It would also probably have to go off of bluetooth. If a bluetooth receiver was in the transom, it'd be fine, but if it were under the dash, like it most likely would be (because they don't think those things through most of the time) it'd have sketchy range. We have tried this with decks and apps streaming audio and normally can't make it passed the platform.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-29-2014, 6:12 AM Reply   
Remote trim tab or in Tige language remote Taps plate