Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-23-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
While test driving my new boat my friend saw two knobs and thought he needed to play with them unforchantly they were the speedos. Now they seem to be too fast, and the manual doesn't say much on adjustment. Anyone have any good ideas on how to get the right speeds. (perfect pass on back order)
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-23-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
gps
Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-23-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
i don't have gps and i don't know anyone with it. I might be SOL until pp comes in.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-23-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
As a general rule of thumb in a non-weighted boat, 3000 rmp is approximately 30 mph. If you can find a slalom course, at 20 mph it should take right around 28.5 seconds to complete.

How I always judge it is get the wake set up exactly like how you ride (full ballast, wakeplate set, speed set), then accelerate to about where you think the wake looks clean at the length you normally ride at. From there, adjust the speedo to the speed you normally ride at.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-23-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
Here you go Dave, this came straight from the engineers.

Perfect Pass Calibrations

The following adjustment syncs the Perfect Pass and boat speedo:

1) Make sure control is off and in wakeboard(speed) mode (not RPM)

2) Press up and down arrows together

3) KDW will appear

4) Set this to 150.

5) Press menu

6) NN appears

7) Set this to 100.

8) Press menu again.
----------------------------------------------

1) Make sure Perfect Pass is OFF.

2) Run boat at 3800 rpm. This should read 36 mph on speedo. If not, adjust with knob at bottom of speedo to 36 mph.

3) Run boat at 36 mph and adjust Perfect Pass speed by pressing menu button 1 time. It will say calibrate speedo. ex) If speed reads 38 mph on Perfect Pass, press the up arrow to achieve the 2 mph difference. If it reads 34 mph, press the down arrow to drop it 2 mph.

Note: The following fine tunes the speedo and Perfect Pass after performing the above steps.

1) Turn on Perfect Pass and select a speed below 25 mph, ex.) 16 mph.

2) When Perfect Pass takes control, press the menu button

3) Speedo Calibrate will appear on screen

4) If boat speedo reads higher than the Perfect Pass, use the down arrow to lower the speed to match Perfect Pass. You will feel the boat slow down. If it reads lower, press up arrow to raise speedo.

5) Repeat above steps only with a speed set on Perfect Pass above 25 mph.

6) Push menu button and speeds are set.

(Message edited by dudeman on August 23, 2006)
Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-24-2006, 6:30 AM Reply   
Randy u the man, it worked perfectly. Thanks!!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-24-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
Glad it worked Dave. I use it everytime I have a problem after I check to see if the cables are tight. I gave them a call to get the real deal. Can't beat the source.

(Message edited by dudeman on August 24, 2006)