Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-24-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
I am wanting to know the easiest and cheapest way to play music on my ipod through the boat stereo. I just want something quick for this weekend when I pick it up and then will do something more permanent after I get to spend time playin with the boat in the garage. Is it just some RCA cable or what? Also what are some other permanent installs that work really well with your boat? Thanks in advance!
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-24-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
you can hook it up through the rca inputs on the head unit and a permanent install that i am using is the clarion ipod interface which lets you use your ipod like a 6 disc cd changer.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-24-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
Our X-1 has an audio input jack under the dash, and I just picked up an audio whatever? cable from Radioshack that plugs into the jack and the top of the I-Pod, and it works out just fine.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-24-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
What does the cable look like that I should be looking for?
Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-24-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
I just hooked mine up this weekend. The cable should have 2 rca jacks on one end and just a male plug on the other that goes into the ipod. Plug the rca into the head unit or EQ or whatever device you have to accept the rca and it will be good to go.
Old    malibu_nut            04-24-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
those will all work great for you. they could be permanant as well. i have a Harman Kardon Drive+play in my truck right now and plan on putting on in the boat whenever it warms up here. This thing is sweet. Works just like the ipod with the screen and control but it allows yout to get the ipod away from the elements and put it in the glove box or something.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-24-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
K awesome guys... Once again WW'ers pull through!!

Kasey you got any pics of the Harman Kardon?? Or a link as to where to find one?
Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-24-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
here it is.

http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-1/default.aspx
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-25-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
my stereo has a 3.5mm mp3 jack...what cable would I need to hook up the ipod quickly? Thx
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-25-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
On the x2 stereo (clarion marine) can you see the ipod text if u connect it using the clarion interface thing. Also can u see the text on the remote? What brackets do u guys use to mount the ipods, I want to be able to mount it in the driver location but dont want to srill holes or anything.