Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-28-2010, 11:32 PM Reply   
Time to shake off the winter cobwebs! The season is already here for us Southerners. Dust off the ole shred sled, fill up the fat sacks, throw on your shorty or full suit, and get ripping kids. God knows where I'll be after I graduate in December, and it looks as though I may very well be on my way out of Louisiana for some time depending on how job offers go. Graduation is just around the corner and to think that I am almost done with college makes me really pumped about having the best time with the some of the greatest people I've met along the way.

This might just be my last wakeboard season spent in Louisiana, or it might not... we will see. But I am ready to do it big with everyone in the community and really push the sport this year. I'm willing and able to promote Louisiana Wakeboarding and help out all of it's devoted riders. So I just want to remind all of you that it's about that time... time to pick back up where we left off, time to keep the fun going, time to enjoy sunsets on the river, time to share the stoke, time to drop hammers and land new steez, time to make new friends, claim new territories, and see the sport pushed in new directions we never thought possible. Time be a part of a culture, a passion, and a lifestyle that truly sets us apart from other sports and rewards us with not only a sense of achievement, but also the value of what I like to call a fashionable rest.

While we're not doing it, we're always thinking about it. Thinking of new ways to ride. Thinking of new improvements or finishing touches we can add to our own repertoire. In fourteen days, the sun will be our new best friend again. That's right homies, Daylight Savings Time. And that means it's time to punch in and shred gnar. I can't tell you how much love goes into my riding and how much love I have for those who are just as stoked to be ripping. I always remind myself of the pleasures I have in life, and wakeboarding is definitely one we should never take for granted. A bad day on the water is a good day anywhere else, so we all need to remember not to let the fun burn out on us. To all my bros, I hope to see you all out on the water this season. Remember to stop and share a few words, or even offer a pull to those who need it. Remember why it is we do this. And remember to keep the love alive. As Danny Hampson would say.... "Hands on the handle. Hearts in the sky."

Time to ride, my friends.