Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-04-2013, 1:35 PM Reply   
Do you even trane Bro?.........lol

Saw a wakeboard thread on MMA.TV,a few guys responded,I was curious to see who does.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-04-2013, 2:30 PM Reply   
Do you mean Train?
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-04-2013, 3:04 PM Reply   
No one trains UFC.

They might train mma but I think there a few people who roll BJJ on here.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-04-2013, 3:32 PM Reply   
Apparently,only the mma.tv guys would get the joke,sorry......But I would like to know who is into training?
What specifically you train in?
How long?
What got you into it?
Where?........if you want.

Me:Currently,BJJ,Gi and No Gi,and some boxing.

Off and on for years,but finally got serious last year.

Not sure why,I used to box some,but I've never really been able to quit.....lol
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-12-2013, 7:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunz View Post
Apparently,only the mma.tv guys would get the joke,sorry......But I would like to know who is into training?
What specifically you train in?
How long?
What got you into it?
Where?........if you want.

Me:Currently,BJJ,Gi and No Gi,and some boxing.

Off and on for years,but finally got serious last year.

Not sure why,I used to box some,but I've never really been able to quit.....lol
No worries homie - I got all the jokes...

I'M AN UNSTOPPABLE FRATE TRANE~ THICK, SOLID, TIGHT.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Teach at Gorilla Combat in Minneapolis, trained at a wide variety of BJJ gyms, been rolling for about 10 years total with lots of "time off" in those ten years. I've probably got 2 years of Muay Thai and a year or two of other striking background (kickboxing, silat, etc)..

Good to see some other UG'ers on WW.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-04-2013, 4:27 PM Reply   
I have trained in American Kickboxing for 3-4 years now but have changed it up to just the cardio version of the class as I am only really looking to get the sweat and don't have the time to be doing it seriously anymore. I personally believe that people should train for real life and not sport where you have rounds and out of bounds shots. My coach always taught us the street style as in why waste your time. Kick the dude in the nuts and walk. Or eye rake, punch to the throat. End the fight as quickly as possible should someone attack you....don't try and stand there boxing it out. then again my coach trains cops in kick boxing and defendo which is close combat maneuvers like finger holds, knife defence and stuff like that.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-05-2013, 7:00 AM Reply   
Damn near everytime I go to the bar!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-05-2013, 7:57 AM Reply   
I wrestle my two sons every night. Im not sure how much longer I can keep it up. Big, strong, fast and sneaky. They are learning how to work as a team and poor old Dad sometimes gets worked!
Thats about as close as i get.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-08-2013, 8:36 AM Reply   
I haven't been in a while but we have one of the best Muai Thai gyms around with Fairtex. I wish I had more time to go (I have a list of awesome excuses) but I absolutely loved it. Quite a few of the big names from the UFC train there. I grew up boxing but Muai Thai takes it to a whole different level.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-09-2013, 9:58 PM Reply   
I like to wrestle my girl friend after a good UFC event. I love it when she wrpas her legs around me and makes me tap!!!!!!!!!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-12-2013, 7:16 AM Reply   
OG'er / UG'er and WW'er --- signing in!!

Yes, I trane.... LET ME BANG, BRO

JD Mpls on the #OG
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-12-2013, 7:38 AM Reply   
I've been meeting with an trainer that works with MMA athletes. I don't do any kicking or punching, but I do some aggressive plyometric and core training with him. As far as my riding goes, it has paid dividends. Last year I was good for a couple of kicker hits a week before I had lower back pain (I'm 32). I bet I took 50 hits last friday and felt fine the next day. Off the wake, I feel like a monster. I can take a lickin and keep on ticking. I'm back to where I don't feel satisfied with a set unless I have crashed hard on something new. Also, he pushes diet super hard and I've learned a lot.

I was working out 3 times a week before meeting with him and thought I was in good shape. After about 10 minutes of my first workout, I had to close my eyes and go to my happy place just to survive the session. I couldn't walk stairs or comfortably sit on the toilet for a week.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-12-2013, 12:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
I've been meeting with an trainer that works with MMA athletes. I don't do any kicking or punching, but I do some aggressive plyometric and core training with him. As far as my riding goes, it has paid dividends. Last year I was good for a couple of kicker hits a week before I had lower back pain (I'm 32). I bet I took 50 hits last friday and felt fine the next day. Off the wake, I feel like a monster. I can take a lickin and keep on ticking. I'm back to where I don't feel satisfied with a set unless I have crashed hard on something new. Also, he pushes diet super hard and I've learned a lot.

I was working out 3 times a week before meeting with him and thought I was in good shape. After about 10 minutes of my first workout, I had to close my eyes and go to my happy place just to survive the session. I couldn't walk stairs or comfortably sit on the toilet for a week.
Who is it?
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-30-2013, 5:20 PM Reply   
Thank Gawd somebody got it!