Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-06-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
Ok so the new iphone is coming out in Sept, I'm currently off contract with AT&T and can leave anytime. I've been with AT&T for 5yrs (am gran-fathered in the unlimited data) Im annoyed that I get throttled back every month (I average 4gb/mo) and now only get 1bar in my new condo. I do drop a few calls/mo but who knows if I would with Verizon in these same areas.

They just released their new data shared plans as did Verizon last month. I'll be paying more In my case than I do currently and the same amount no matter which company I choose. Its a pretty close wash since it doesnt matter all my family is on Verizon bc its all unlimited calling under these new plans.

Just wondering if I should go back to Verizon or not?? If I went with Verizon I guess I can combine the bill with my fios and get a $10 credit but not sure if its worth hassle.

***I do NOT want this to be a phone debate, I DONT care about your ice cream sundae etc!

I normally change phones every yr but after getting my iphone4 on day 1 & having it unlocked, I never found the need to upgrade to the 4s.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-06-2012, 10:55 AM Reply   
how is sprint in your area? how much are at&t's and verizon's unlimited data plans?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-06-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   
I've always been pretty happy with ATT. It annoys me sometimes when I lose signal in the middle of fricken silicon valley, but it's not a constant problem.

On a recent road trip into the mountains, I did notice that my buddy's Verizon phone had signal everywhere, long after my ATT signal was gone. It was frustrating. So, when the iPhone 5 comes out, I'm going to switch to Verizon and give them a try.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-07-2012, 7:31 AM Reply   
Verizon is about to drop the unlimited package even if your grandfathered in. Kinda crooked if you ask me. Tell everyone there is a deadline to get unlimited, then get alll those people to pay their money to get unlimited before its gone. Then take unlimited away, pretty much taking their money.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-07-2012, 7:50 AM Reply   
Yeah im not too worried about the whole unlimited thing bc either carrier would throttle me down anyways plus no matter what when i upgrade to the subsidized new phone you're forced into their new plan pricing regardless
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-07-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
AT&T is crap, and I've had it for many years. It's really bad if you travel any where out of a metro area.