Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-14-2012, 8:50 AM Reply   
Finally broke my Company Severance. What boards should I check out as replacements? (99% behind the boat, 1% cable) I tried a Slingshot Hooke which was very similar but had less flex, a little more locked in, and a little faster. What else should I be looking at? Thanks!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-14-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
I would look at Phalanx. Boards sound indestructible and so far customer service has been great.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-14-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
I would look at Phalanx. Boards sound indestructible and so far customer service has been great.
Thanks, will do. Which model have you ridden?
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-14-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
I switched from a severance to the slingshot hooke. It is quite a bit stiffer but I love the hooke. I cant quite butter like i could on the severance with it but its an awesome board. Maybe somethig a litte softer from the ballistics line would suit you
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-14-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
Just looked at the site and the Phalanx boards all looked like continuous rockers with hybrid construction. Do they make a wood core 3 stage?
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-14-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reez View Post
I switched from a severance to the slingshot hooke. It is quite a bit stiffer but I love the hooke. I cant quite butter like i could on the severance with it but its an awesome board. Maybe somethig a litte softer from the ballistics line would suit you
Thanks, Bob! I only rode the Hooke for one set - did my comments seem fairly accurate? Has your riding changed at all since getting the Hooke?
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-14-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
The Slingshot Recoil looks like it could be a winner. I'll do some forum searches, but any feedback on that specific board?
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-14-2012, 9:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainrinse View Post
Just looked at the site and the Phalanx boards all looked like continuous rockers with hybrid construction. Do they make a wood core 3 stage?
right now we do not have a 3 stage board available. the closest board we will have to what you are looking for will be the CFR, it has more flex in the tip/tail and a featureless bottom. they wont be out until later this year though.... i would be happy to help you out on a baord, but i dont know that we will have anything that will ride like a Severance.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-14-2012, 10:04 AM Reply   
Brian your assesment of the hooke was right on. My riding style has changed a bit but i think for the better. I loved slipping around on the seerance but i found I was spending alot of energy. The hooke is a faster more effortless ride. It has more pop with similar landings. It took me a bit to adjust because it wasnt as loose but my wake tricks have gotten alot better from riding it. If you dont care that you will lose some flex/looseness I dont see what you wont like about it.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-16-2012, 9:37 PM Reply   
liquid force flx is the same deck essentially.... i made the move to a watson hybrid and liked the deck. a hair stiffer.... but nothing too crazy.