Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    xtremebordgurl            09-01-2003, 4:41 PM Reply   
OCWBD (Obbsessive Compulsive WakeBoarding Disorder! I've been up here at school for like 2 days and all I can think about is wakeboarding, now generally this is normal, but now I got it really bad! I mean its messing with me now! Like I feel like I'm homesick for wakeboarding and Florida, and I don't even LIVE in Florida!!!! I feel so costraphobic up here, there's no water anywhere, no one even water skiis! and I'm dreading winter worse then ever before. Today they had this like speaker or something and leading up to the podium there are these two hand rails and all I could see was shane and the pointless guys gapping the guest speaker. Man, I got it BAD! TO be honest I'm not too stked about this school thing, i feel like its a waste of my time, I know its not but I don't have huge dreams, just a shack on a lake with a Malibu VLX, open my own little shop and call it good. I know its easier said then done but.. anyway, I would kill to be able to talk to ANYONE that loves wakeboarding. Just to hear the stoke from somebody, wakeworlds all I got! I don't know what to do, I mean I've got to get over it, classes start tommarrow and I need to get good grades so i can transfer to a Fl school. My local shop is only an hour and a half from here, my class tomorrow gets out at 9: 15 am, is it too crazy for me to drive down there to ride? Anyone got any advice? Thanx for letting me vent.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-01-2003, 5:27 PM Reply   
I feel your pain! last year in school if i wasnt doing somethingg, or even when i should have been i was reading on here, or reading a wake mag, or talkin to people about opening a shop when they get out of college. Just emarge your self in wakeboard as you can when you are at home so you can take those "school" leaps.
Old    boofhead            09-02-2003, 9:47 AM Reply   
Feel the pain as well. All I can say is your lucky you live in the states. I go to uni in england and its a real mission to get a ride let alone behind a wakeboard boat. Unless you have serious money - which students dont. Plus over here we a have winter that last about nine months of the year - and florida isnt in the same country!
Old    tpalmeri            09-02-2003, 12:47 PM Reply   
I have to say I suffer from the same disorder as the rest. I work more than my fair share, and when I have a slow moment or day I am on here, and when I am home I read wb mag or allience. Needless to say I have worn out all the videos. I also find my self at all the manufacurers websites of boat, boards etc, putting together dream setups. So all in all, dont feel alone, because I am sure we all suffer from it in some fashion or another
Old    rdierolf            09-02-2003, 7:41 PM Reply   
haha suckers i get to go year round
Old    xtremebordgurl            09-03-2003, 3:47 PM Reply   
Richie, where do you live?
Old    rdierolf            09-03-2003, 5:13 PM Reply   
2 hours away from the lake i go to but i dont mind, my dad doesnt mind, and the water doesnt get really cold in the water or anything like that as long as u have the wetsuit. maybe the weather isnt the best but ive wakeboarded in rain b4 so its no big deal
Old    xtremebordgurl            09-03-2003, 9:08 PM Reply   
Man, I am so jealous. way to be die hard though.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-04-2003, 6:33 AM Reply   
Bess, to hold you over,,go check out :
www.420Production.com make sure your sound is on! Enough wakeboard videos on there to wet your appetite! check out the newest video of Shaun and Parks...My husband just got back from Orlando and got a whole days worth of riding by them. *and yes, at the begining of the film,,that is Shaun calling my house!!!*
hopefully these vids will tide ya over!! :-)

www.420Production.com

off the leash
and the one with Adam is the the Adam who the 'Atom Bomb' is named after...I just rode with him the other nite in some SERIOUS chop/rain! but it was riding, nonetheless!
enjoy Bess!
Old    jetgofish            09-04-2003, 7:17 AM Reply   
Bess, I feel your pain. I live on the California Delta and ride at least 3 times a week, BUT it's still not enough! When I'm at work all I want to do is ride. Stick with school, you won't regret it and when all else fails, drive that hour or so to your local board shop and catch a pull, hell it's not stupid of you to drive for a pull! Go for it girl!
Old    xtremebordgurl            09-04-2003, 7:40 PM Reply   
Angi, the vid is great! You've made my day! I tried making a vid similar to that one, of Andrew Adkison. Shaun is a pretty cool guy and let us hang out with him at his place 4 days after he had broken his leg and Andrew rode for us, my final vid didn't come out as well as I had hoped, what program did you guys use to edit it your vid? Kudos to you and your husband! Thanx a bunch Angi!!