Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-28-2012, 6:45 AM Reply   
We took my oldest boy Cam and his best friend Jay, both eleven years old on their first hunt last night. Both boys came through like champs. One perfect shot each, right through the shoulder. Cams pig had 4" tusks, tipped the scale at near 200 lbs and he dropped him right in his tracks. Jays was still a big arse pig at about 180 and he only took a few steps. Great shooting by a couple of good little hunters!

"kids who hunt, trap and fish don't rob little old ladies" Author unknown.
Attached Images

Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       12-28-2012, 7:07 AM Reply   
That's so cool! After all the gun bashing and law talks lately it's nice to see something involving guns and quality family time in a postive light. Congrats on the hog that's a big one!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-28-2012, 7:30 AM Reply   
Reminds me of the Duck Dynasty guys taking the yuppie grand kids and teaching them the correct way to hunt and fish. Well done.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-28-2012, 9:38 AM Reply   
Its great to see all that range time come to fruition. These boys both can put 5 of 5 in the 10 ring at 75 yards.
This is Cam sighting in the rifle with the hunting loads. We target shoot with FMJ ammo so we had to re-sight for the hunting loads.
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-28-2012, 10:02 AM Reply   
Sweet. I am interested in pig hunting. It's encouraged here in CA because we have excess population.

You are going to have a lot of meat. Did you do all the butchering? Did you have to field dress it?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-28-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
I was expecting to see a Harley.. LOL

Didn't know they had those big critters in Marco Island. And Ft Myers is where I was born and lived until I left for college. My family is still living there.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-28-2012, 11:04 AM Reply   
^^^I didnt know Marco Island had people who wore camo
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-28-2012, 11:16 AM Reply   
Yes, there are pigs on Marco. Not counting the two old cave trolls tending bar at the Snook Inn. However these critters were shot on a private ranch out in the Squares about 20 miles East of here.
Lots of peeps wearing camo.... you just cant see them! Hah! i crack myself up...
These boys can ride too but they are both Cracker born and hate any water colder than about 78. Not my fault. They wont ride till April.
Funny. The perma-grin on my sons face. You couldn't wipe it off with a ball bat.
Thanks for the nice comments.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-28-2012, 11:43 AM Reply   
I come from a family of hunters and its great to see the young ones get some great kills.

Glad Im not the only one who calls a person like me a cracker.

You should parade these beasts through all the country clubs & yacht clubs in naples/marco island