Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Other Water Sports

Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-11-2003, 2:45 PM Reply   
I still barefoot more than anything else.
Old                07-11-2003, 5:09 PM Reply   
I saw it on t.v. the other day... It was on ESPN Classic, but hey, It got some air time, so it must still have some demand...

Well, anyways, I give you credit man, no way would I have the balls to get out there on plane barefoot.

Dave
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-21-2003, 7:19 AM Reply   
Karl,

I do a lot of footing - have been for 15 years. My problem is the water conditions aren't conducive to footing most of the time (except in the early AM). My old boat had a boom - so it was a little more manageable - but not my mew one. I have to say, though, that barefooting is one of the most exhilarating sports I have ever done. AWESOME!!!

-Keith
Old                07-21-2003, 5:41 PM Reply   
Hey to anyone that will be in Pittsburgh this week.
We are having a barefoot clinic with Mike Seipel on Thursday July 24th, 2003. . .from 9am-5pm
Cost is just $125 for the entire day and Lunch is provided.
We provide everything including all day one on one instruction with Mike Seipel, barefoot equipment and a great day will be had.

We still have 1 spot open due to a late minute cancellation (we only take 8 people all day)

Location is at Boaterz Extreme Watersportz.

We are an authorized BFInternational/Fly High dealer and would love to have you come and visit us.
Call us at 412-384-9386 or visit us at WWW.BOATERZEXTREME.COM or Email us at Jack@Boaterzextreme.com to sign up!
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-22-2003, 11:00 AM Reply   
Keith:
I hear you on the early am, we start at sun up, 5am last weekend. You tend to get a little cranky late afternoon, but then its time for a beer.

Jack: I am sure you will be very pleased with Mike. I learned more in four hours with him than I do in most summers. About 15 years ago I could drop a ski, but had never done a deep up. In one morning sesson I learned deep ups, wake cross, tumble turns, one foot and deep back starts.
But boy was I sore afterwards.
Old     (lemytry)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-02-2003, 8:47 AM Reply   
i can get up first try but after that i cant get up deep water i cant get outside to stand up help me
zach
Old                09-25-2003, 5:38 PM Reply   
hey man im big on bare footing, its jus one of those things that no one my age can do, at the end of the day when the water is smooth i always take a couple of runs, also im all about the old fashoin way ive never riddin on a boom before in my life. barefootin is classic
Old                09-26-2003, 8:08 AM Reply   
I still take an occasional barefoot run whenever water conditions permit. I mostly wakeboard and slalom these days but it is fun to get out there on just the feet. Most people these days, out on the local lake, have never seen a barefooter. I also took a days worth of lessons from Mr. Seipel years ago. Learned to do a backwards deep water start that day. A lot tougher on my body these days......
Old                10-11-2003, 8:03 PM Reply   
Don, Good to see another person of our age out there still footin`. I try and foot at least 3 times per week. Since you are from Texas, can you tell me anything about Tige's and if they are good to barefoot behind? Also any info you have on Tige's be it pro or con, I would love to hear about them.
Old                10-14-2003, 1:34 PM Reply   
JD, I don't have any personal experience with Tiges but I do see a lot of them here locally. The Slalom Shop sells them here at Lake Lewisville. Most of the ones I see are set up for wakeboarding but I know they have a full line. I understand the 2004 line has some changes in construction etc. Have not heard any bad things about them.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-14-2003, 2:41 PM Reply   
Saturday was my best day of the year in Northern Indiana. Most of the people were pulling docks, not thinking about skiing,riding, etc.
We got the Tour De Lake in, seven mile barefoot run from end to end.

Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-16-2003, 1:58 PM Reply   
Jsut stared to this season and I am absolutly hooked, there is no bigger rush then skimming across the water on your feet!!
Old                12-12-2003, 4:26 AM Reply   
yeah i still will have have foot, im sorta like wade no one else really does it my age but i'll have a bash im sorta new old school. i mean ive never you a bar and dont intend to, but i use a knee board to sit on and get up seem i cant do deep ups
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-20-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
there are still alot of us footers out here!!!!!!
go check out www.barefoot.org there are young and old footers banana george is 89 and still barefoots after breaking his back 3 or so times!}
Old     (garry)      Join Date: May 2003       01-20-2004, 7:48 PM Reply   
When i was younger i learned to barefoot off a skim board or better known as a disc.Can any one tell me the outside diameter of the disc as i want to make one and cant remember the measurments
Garry
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-22-2004, 10:38 AM Reply   
Banana's still alive and kicking? Man, he's a legend.

Garry, a lot of people including myself learned off of a hydroslide. Those of us who didn't have booms, anyway.

I'm not sure about the outside diameter of a skim board, but the length of a hydroslide is approx 54 inches and the width is approx 24 inches. A skim board would be very similar, but most likely somewhat shorter and a fraction wider.
Old     (garry)      Join Date: May 2003       01-22-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
Thanks for that.I learned on the disc a few years before you could even buy a hydroslide.Not the easiest way but it worked.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-05-2004, 11:04 PM Reply   
just buy a hydroslide! the kids can kneeboard with it and its a great way to barefoot, just don't try a back deep on one, it'll hit you in the face!