Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    epeltier            06-23-2003, 10:00 AM Reply   
I'm going to Lake of the Ozarks for the 4th and was wanting to know if it is a good lake for riding or if there is a ggod cove or something around the State Park were we are staying?
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-23-2003, 11:11 AM Reply   
LOL, ha ha! That is the best one I have heard in a while!

Just kidding man! But seriously... NO! You will be unable to find ridable water anywhere on that lake over the 4th! But hey you will be able to see some T&A if you hit party cove so it won't be a total waste! Check out this conversation to get an idea of what to expect:

http://www.malibuboatowners.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=26&t=4531&s=713290583a58138ce62 595d13752feb8
Old    aka Bradley Beach            06-23-2003, 11:42 AM Reply   
I was just there last weekend and the water was so rough that I shook the battery terminals off the batts twice on my jet ski... That lake is ridiculous rough, but I did get to see some tatty!
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-23-2003, 12:14 PM Reply   
Hey Brad have you ever heard of a wrench? J/K

Alright Eric, lets make the best of this for you... what state park are you staying at?

If you are staying at the state part that is up at the end of the Grand Glaize arm then you can find acceptable water in the early AM. Be careful and do not go to the left of the ramp, the water gets real shallow. There is one cove heading away from the campground/state park a mile or two up on the right that is somewhat decent, but expect it to be frequented all weekend. I grew up on that lake every weekend and can give you some suggestions... the very far back of the little Niaguana arm, there is a short little straight away that is decent, the farther up the lake you go (away from the dam) the less traffic you will run into, but you have to get up to about 40-50mm before you will notice. Best advice... do like the locals and rent a jet ski and jump waves!
Old    epeltier            06-24-2003, 10:57 AM Reply   
I guess its the one on 134. I'm not sure what point its at on the lake
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-24-2003, 11:42 AM Reply   
That is the state park I was referring to above.
Old    epeltier            06-26-2003, 9:34 AM Reply   
Where would be a good place to rent a jet ski?
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-26-2003, 12:32 PM Reply   
Bridgeport... right at the Grand Glaize Bridge... busiest section of the lake by far, right in the main path to party cove... nothing but 4-6' wakes!