Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-15-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
While checking out this cam I came across this interesting picture on the Sony website. :-)

Upload
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-15-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
???
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-15-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
It is a MacBook Pro... Sony is the biggest anti-mac company I know of. They even go as as far to not let me update my bluray player using a Mac to burn the disc. I even had a sony sales person tell me at a Sony Style store that sony camcorders were not compatible with Macs, so therefore I can not buy one. Just thought it was humorous.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-15-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
The EX1 comes out of the CineAlta group which has very little to do with Sony B&P, so whatever the film community loves is going to be just fine with them.

The SxS cards used by the EX series are actually the most MacBook Pro friendly media out there, plug them into the native slot on the MBP, launch FCP and start ingesting.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-16-2009, 6:02 AM Reply   
Very cool. Good to know.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-16-2009, 1:52 PM Reply   
Yeah, the EX1 is money!!!! I just picked up mine yesterday afternoon. I have another 8gb card coming in the mail but I got the camera and a sweet new portabrace bag for a pretty good deal. 1x8gb card records around 25 minutes. Plugging in the card into the expresscard slot is money. It rips one 8gb card filled all the way up in just 2.5 minutes. I'm still going through everything in the camera as far as settings and whatnot. sorry for the crappy pic....came from the isight.
Upload

(Message edited by iamnathanhudson on April 16, 2009)

(Message edited by iamnathanhudson on April 16, 2009)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-16-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
if you think that's pimp, you should see the ex3!
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-16-2009, 2:54 PM Reply   
ex3 is awesome....basically from what i understand its basically the same camera except it has a detachable lens so you can change your different lenses out. I just didn't have the money for it and I really don't have the money for other lenses in the first place. The controls on the ex1 are so smooth. The menu and settings are probably the one thing I have to say that are a little difficult to navigate. It's really not that big of a deal. The picture is so so beautiful.
Old     (mikel_j)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-17-2009, 6:40 PM Reply   
Both cameras are awesome. Lets see if we get an EX5 at NAB next week..