Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-28-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
leavin beautiful cali to live on texoma. does anyone have some pics or stories about the area. thanks
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-28-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
Watch out for those 140# catfish that live in taht lake.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-28-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
I learned to ski on Texoma... Back in 88.

I think Ross Perot has a house there, too. I've heard stories about him and his son racing their boats across the lake... And something about a crazy top-speed record, but I don't know if any of it is true.

-Blake
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-28-2006, 3:38 PM Reply   
Post this question on www.dallaswakeboarding.com
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-28-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
That lake is really really ruufff,but they can really really party.
Old     (supraman11)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-29-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
unless you can go out on a day where there are no boats and no wind, you might as well leave your board at home and party
Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-29-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
does anyone have pics of a normal day and a good day?
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-29-2006, 11:56 PM Reply   
Texoma is a BIG body of water... with no protection. However, if I remember correctly, you can find calm water... But, there are a lot of people looking for the same thing.

-Blake

Sorry dude, no pics.
Old    redneckonaboard06            07-30-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
My brother frequents that lake to fish on it. (live in okc) and he loves, but it does get very, very rough. They damn sure no how to party out there though.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-31-2006, 7:06 AM Reply   
The lake is big and can be rough. It is pretty open and the wind can blow it up like Lake Havasu. After we moved to the area from California last year, you won't want to go back. Last September we went to Texhoma for a weekend, and had a cove to ourselves to ride in for about 3 hours before another wakeboat showed up. If you are used to So. Cal water crowds, you will have to re-adjust to 1/4 the people on lakes 5 times as large.

(Message edited by flackpack on July 31, 2006)
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-31-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
There are many other lakes not to far away to go to.Oklahoma has more water line than any other state.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-01-2006, 5:47 AM Reply   
Texoma is where I first learned to wakeboard. I remember when I was excited to have a run that lasted 2min 30 sec!!

There is plenty of wind breaks and too many coves to name. We Camp 2 or 3 times a year at little glasses camping area. Here are a few pic I will post tomorrow.
Old     (seansmitty42)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-01-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
party lake!!
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-01-2006, 8:25 PM Reply   
If your looking for a good cove to board in, try and find Newberry Creek. The cove there is AWESOME to board in. Stay to the north side of the bridge by Catfish Bay (HWY 70) and things aren't that bad. The second you get on the southside of that bridge, things start getting pretty rough.

When your ready to party, head over to the Islands. I suggest you load your boat up, drive over there, and then drop in again at Soldier Creek. As you have about a 45min to an hour drive by water from the area I described above, but about a 10 min drive by land.