Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    rolex            09-13-2005, 1:35 AM Reply   
r landings with the murray really as soft as hyperlite says, or r the landings with the 3ds softer?

Does anyone have experience with that?

My problem is, that I mostly land in the mid section of my board, and those landings r always hard, so I'm looking for a board with really smooth landings.

Thanx for ur answers.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-13-2005, 7:24 AM Reply   
Murray's much softer than 3DS, it has somewhat of a rounded bottom and center beams. Lay the boad flat and it has about 1.2" rocker on the sides. Then look at the center beams made to seperate and move water under you. Check it out!!!
Old    tantrum2blind            09-13-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
I rode the re-tooled "06" Murray on Lake Radar a few weekends ago, and that thing is awesome. It now has a three inch rocker that is very explosive off the wake, and has a soft and stable landing. It tracks through the water like it is on rails, so you may want to ride it without the center fins.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-13-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
John- You suck!!! You got to ride the ’06 on Radar Lake… I’m so jealous!!! I didn’t think you could top how sweet the ’04-’05 Murray was for a beginner to advanced rider board with everything it offers. If what you are saying is true I can’t wait till we get some in.

So what is riding and hanging out at Radar like???
Old    jesiday            09-13-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
I don't mean to hijack, but I have a couple of questions about the new murray. Right now, I ride a premier, and I want something just a little faster...preferebly not over mach 1.
I'm having ACL surgery, so the soft landing is pretty much a requirement in my mind.

All of the details for one question: how does the 06 murray compare to a premier?

thx
-jesi
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-13-2005, 12:18 PM Reply   
Jessica-Not sure on the '06 but I like the Murray over the Premier now becasue of the landings and how it performs riding switch. As for the speed between the two I can't really feel any difference.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-13-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
jessica, the current 3ds is faster and by the sounds of it have a similar pop to the premier but more consistent cause its a continuous board.

..........thats what I've gathered anyway!!!......
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-13-2005, 1:57 PM Reply   
Never ridden the Murray but the TFD/3DS had the softest landings of any of the Many other boards I have ridden!!
Old    lamreaux            09-13-2005, 7:13 PM Reply   
I'm switching from a Premier to the Murray. I've ridden the new Murray board and it is very soft, and more explosive off the wake than the 3DS. The 3DS turns more quickly but isn't as "poppy".
Old    tantrum2blind            09-14-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
Jessica,
All three of the boards can get explosive pop off the water, just look at what Shaun-Murray, Chad-3DS, and Danny-Premier do on their boards. The softer (and sometime more stable) landing is going to come with the continuous rockers (Murray & 3DS). You can't go wrong with either the Murray or 3DS, but I recomend you demo those boards if you can. Get a feel before slapping da money down, or get some sort of a rider satisfaction period; ya like the board keep it, if not, trade it for something else. I hope that helps.
Old    jesiday            09-14-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
Thanks John,

I'm defintely going to demo the boards. Just trying to figure out the preference. I know that I want something a little quicker than a premier, but not something that is going to send me light speed across the wake. The continuous rocker is *my only option, since I'm too big of a chicken to try anything else with me knees. Thanks for the advice.
-jesi