Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2012, 7:58 AM Reply   
The last weekend in July every year is the annual Wakeboard & Waterski Specialty Tige Owners Reunion and every year it's a blast. Us Colorado Tige owners look forward to two events every year, the Mile High Meet and Greet and the WWS Tige Owners Reunion party because they are both great events put on by great people. Tige sends Tony Fussel, director of sales, up with the next model year's boat and basically hands the keys off to the owners and let's them drive it around as much as they like. Besides a great party with some fun people, there is also a giveaway, trophies for best stereo and for best rig (truck/boat combo). The giveaways include wakeboards, tshirts, life jackets, ropes and handles, Wetsounds WS420, etc. After the general prizes are given away, they do a drawing for the grand prize donated by Tige which is $2,500 to Pimp Your Tige or take that money plus some as a discount off of a new boat. This year I was lucky enough to win the grand prize!!! I am still stoked and planning my new boat purchase for next year.

Our other boat dealer's doing these kind of events? Ours has gotten a little smaller due to some of the private lakes having restrictions on the boats leaving due to zebra/quagga mussels but we still had a decent turnout.
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
Here's the '13 Z3 that Tony brought down for us to test drive.
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2012, 8:00 AM Reply   
Few more pics...
(photo's courtesy of Joe Barnes and George White)
Attached Images

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-10-2012, 8:04 AM Reply   
Get your lotion out CWB4me
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2012, 8:19 AM Reply   
Active Water Sports here in Portland usually has an annual event for all their customers. It is really pretty cool. They did not do one this year for some reason, but we always look forward to it.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2012, 8:30 AM Reply   
What kind of events does AWS have at their's?
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-10-2012, 10:18 AM Reply   
I know Sanger has their own event every year at a nearby lake.

Is this the guy in the first picture with the tige shirt?
Attached Images

Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-10-2012, 10:36 AM Reply   
just messing btw. Looks like a great time!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2012, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
Is this the guy in the first picture with the tige shirt?
No, that's the owner of WWS in Denver and the Tige factory rep, Tony, on the right. This is just local to Denver, not for all Tige owners.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-10-2012, 11:18 AM Reply   
There is an annual malibu/axis meetup that I believe is affiliated with Pro Marine in Durham, NC.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2012, 11:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
There is an annual malibu/axis meetup that I believe is affiliated with Pro Marine in Durham, NC.
Would love to see pics! I think it's cool when you get a whole group of the various models from the same mfr together so you can see the progression of the brand.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-10-2012, 11:28 AM Reply   
I haven't actually gone. I don't own either brand, but I know it goes on out at Hyco. I'll bet the folks at themalibucrew.com have pics.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-10-2012, 11:28 AM Reply   
4.) Most towed towboat.

Attached Images

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2012, 11:29 AM Reply   
Timmy!
Raffles, show and shine, cruise a few miles in formation, etc.....
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post
4.) Most towed towboat.

5. #1 selling towboat in Colorado.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-10-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
If I was a dealer I would do this. I would try and have something in late spring/early summer. I would bring over all the new models to show off to people the new model boats. Do some sort of classes on boating etiquette, how to drive, dock, trailer, etc... Seems like a cheap way to show off your new stuff to boat enthusiasts and keep great relationships with your current customers. Only problem here in washington is there isn't a lot of great places that are warm enough to have fun at till May, June, etc..
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-10-2012, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post
4.) Most towed towboat.

Should've bought an MB...
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-10-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
If I was a dealer I would do this. I would try and have something in late spring/early summer. I would bring over all the new models to show off to people the new model boats. Do some sort of classes on boating etiquette, how to drive, dock, trailer, etc... Seems like a cheap way to show off your new stuff to boat enthusiasts and keep great relationships with your current customers. Only problem here in washington is there isn't a lot of great places that are warm enough to have fun at till May, June, etc..
Definitely, keeps people loyal to the brand, and in most cases where there is only 1 dealer per brand per market, it keeps them loyal to you.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2012, 11:41 AM Reply   
Same here Brett, that's why they wait until the end of July to hold it. The good/bad part is that the summer is over and CO is running low on water but the next model year boats are just being announced. It's usually our chance to see the next years model right as it's being pushed out the door.

In all seriousness, if you guys know of other events, I really do want to see the pics and check it out. I love that our dealer does this and imagine that other brand owners would love their dealer/mfr to do it as well.

P.S. - please don't turn this into a cwb4me/Tige bash fest...
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-10-2012, 11:41 AM Reply   
I think it's a great idea. I always planned on going to MasterBash when I had an MC.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-10-2012, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Same here Brett, that's why they wait until the end of July to hold it. The good/bad part is that the summer is over and CO is running low on water but the next model year boats are just being announced. It's usually our chance to see the next years model right as it's being pushed out the door.

In all seriousness, if you guys know of other events, I really do want to see the pics and check it out. I love that our dealer does this and imagine that other brand owners would love their dealer/mfr to do it as well.

P.S. - please don't turn this into a cwb4me/Tige bash fest...
Come to think of it maybe June or early July would be perfect because that is when the next years models start hitting the show room floor.
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-10-2012, 2:44 PM Reply   
Texas Tige north of Houston has a reunion every fall in October. We have been going for 3 years and took delivery of our Tige at our first reunion. It is always a good time. Pretty much only for Tige owners who purchased boats from Texas Tige. They ocasionaly have the same awards as menioned above and occasionally have demo boats from the factory there as well.
Old     (kkong72)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2012, 7:56 PM Reply   
No Wake Marine in Cincinnati has one every year at the end of July at Norris lake in TN
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-10-2012, 8:59 PM Reply   
^^^its funny How many people go to Norris from OH. I know more OH at norris than TN people
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       08-10-2012, 9:27 PM Reply   
Here is a pic from the Williams Brothers Ski and Sports Reunion at Table Rock Lake in Missouri. This is the best pic I can find but I know they get over 100+ boats and have pics in the shop of the entire tie-off.
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-11-2012, 10:08 AM Reply   
Wow Nick! That's a cool pic! LOT of boats right there, thanks for sharing.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-11-2012, 11:04 AM Reply   
Supra /Moomba reunion 2008 hosted by Ultimate Wake in Fox Lake IL. The SC line was taken over by Lauderdale Lakes they have continued with the annual northern IL reunion.

CC holds multiple informal reunions across the country . They are not hosted by dealers the members of the CorrectCraftFan forum puts them together. One of the largest was at Green lake Wisconsin. 60 boats from the 50s to currant 200 people great fun.

Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-11-2012, 11:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Supra /Moomba reunion 2008 hosted by Ultimate Wake in Fox Lake IL. The SC line was taken over by Lauderdale Lakes they have continued with the annual northern IL reunion.

]
only 3 boats showed up? thats not much of a reunion
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-11-2012, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 882001 View Post
only 3 boats showed up? thats not much of a reunion
There were actually about 20 there were more behind me.
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-11-2012, 2:18 PM Reply   
2012 Bryant owners reunion
Attached Images

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-11-2012, 4:25 PM Reply   
great that boat owners show pride of ownership in their chosen manufacturers...but that Tige shirt takes the cake. Yes, the boat "i wish I had"...lol.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-13-2012, 8:38 AM Reply   
Nice picture Brad!

That Nautique reunion looks sweet too, show and shine in the parking lot is nice.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-13-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
Here are a few pics from AWS boat buyer reunion last year....

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-13-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
That looks like a great turnout!
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-13-2012, 10:06 AM Reply   
Wakecraft out of Atwater, Ca. was doing an annual deal at Tulloch!