Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (bjames517)      Join Date: May 2006       05-03-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
Went out this week and didn't go well. First one part of the main hose coming off the engine out the back came loose. We put that back on then the main section of it (the metal part) came completely off. Made a VERY loud noise and scared the mess out of me. Shut the boat down immediately and got it put back on. The clamps were very loose (not sure why). I noticed that the amount of water coming out the back was less on the side i was having problems with. Is there supposed to be the same amount coming out both? It looked a little low on one side. The temperature gauge looked ok...never got hot. Seemed to have an odd noise on that (left) side of the engine though. Just wondering if there might be something wrong with that side.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-03-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
Sounds like someone dewinterized the boat and didn't put everything back together.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-03-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
It sounds like the exhaust hoses came loose. Put them back on, tighten them up, and go riding. Keep an eye on the temp guage.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-03-2007, 12:28 PM Reply   
Could also be rust causing less water to flow through one side. Use a temp gun and check the exaust surface temperature difference from the port to starboard side.
Old     (bjames517)      Join Date: May 2006       05-04-2007, 7:24 AM Reply   
The guy who did my dewinterizing said he didn't touch those hoses or the clamps.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-04-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
Brandon,

I know this is a little late, but once you get this whole thing figured out for this year, do the winterization yourself from now on. I do it every year. Fall winterization, and spring dewinterization. It's not very hard. Also there are many posts on here at each of those times of the year, to help new people.

This does a few things.
1. You know what was touched, so you know what to look for to fix the problem.
2. You will learn more about your boat, so if something unexpected happens, you will be able to fix it.
3. You will save a ton of money!!! Winterization for me in the Sacramento area takes about 15 min. Dewinterization takes a few hours. Both are time well spent in my boat, with the stereo on.
Old     (bjames517)      Join Date: May 2006       05-06-2007, 6:46 PM Reply   
what about the amount of water coming out of the exhaust? Is it supposed to be the same amount on both sides? That one side looked very low compared to the other.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-06-2007, 9:27 PM Reply   
^ "Could also be rust causing less water to flow through one side. Use a temp gun and check the exaust surface temperature difference from the port to starboard side."