Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (eric_ms)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2007, 6:26 AM Reply   
So I bought my boat in March and used it for a month and soon found out that having wakeboard racks was a must. But since I have just bought the boat I didn�t have that much to spend on racks. So I searched around on here and on Ebay and came across some racks made by JC wakeboard Accessories Out of Spokane, Washington. They weren�t the coolest looking racks but as long as they worked I was happy. So I get the racks 2 weeks late and install them, everything is fine right? WRONG? I take the boat out one day and the racks start to spin on the tower and next thing I know the boards are now perpendicular to the boat. Not happy. So When I got home I found that the foam inside the bracket has worn off. So I decide to fix the racks myself. I get some more heavy duty foam and attach it to the bracket and low and behold it worked FOR A LITTLE WHILE.

Then Last weekend took the cake. I was running to the boat ramp on glass, when all of the sudden I hear a noise and I look up and here comes the board rack with the board as they slide down the pole and hit me in the head, once again not happy. So Monday I email the guy at JC wakeboard Accessories and explain what has happened, no reply then I send him I pretty nasty email explaining what happened and that if the matter was not handled in a prompt manner that I would take legal action. So today I get an email back from him that yes and I quote "wow now that sounds scary." So long story short I may not ever get this matter fixed however I can let all ya�ll out there know not to buy these BS wakeboard racks from JC wakeboard Accessories.
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-25-2007, 6:47 AM Reply   
does the rack clamp onto your tower. if it does, instead of foam find a strip of rubber that won't wear down, should work like a dream.
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-25-2007, 6:50 AM Reply   
Well, hopefully you learned at least one thing... Threatening legal action right off the bat doesn't usually work very well.
Old    bigdtx            05-25-2007, 6:54 AM Reply   
HAHA Jamie that's exactly what I was going to say... Good luck finding a lawyer to take that case.
Old     (eric_ms)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2007, 6:54 AM Reply   
Well that is the thing I was nice at first but when he wouldn't return my phone calls or answer my emails that was the next step.
Old     (eric_ms)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2007, 6:58 AM Reply   
Look the point of the matter is not the money, the legality issues or the fact they broke. The point is they don't give a damn. they just want your money and then after the sale, sorry!
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-25-2007, 7:12 AM Reply   
- "You attract more bees with honey than you do with wine"
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-25-2007, 7:13 AM Reply   
Who the hell uses foam?
Old     (eric_ms)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2007, 7:24 AM Reply   
That's what I said. They came with foam so I used what came with the racks
Old     (jamieb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-25-2007, 7:31 AM Reply   
Sorry, that come out a little snarkier than I was trying for.

To me, it sounds like the racks might have been the wrong size, or maybe they weren't tight enough.

(Message edited by jamieb on May 25, 2007)
Old     (eric_ms)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
Whatever, I did not post this to get hooded for grammatical errors. I posted it to let ya'll no not the buy the racks because they are garbage.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-25-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
thanks. got a pic?

Jamieb, that shiz gets really old.
Old     (eric_ms)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
I don't have a pic my specific racks but here is a link to the type of racks they are.
http://cgi.ebay.com/WAKEBOARD-RACK-water-ski-rack-wake-board-rack_W0QQitemZ190076156282QQihZ009QQcategoryZ47363 QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-25-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
that clamp looks like it really sucks too. i used some marine carpet between my tower and the clamps. works pretty well, but rubber would prolly hold better.

there's a few clamps floating around ebay. you may look at the collar style clamps to hold it. if you're sure your tower is 2 1/2"...

Nonetheless, "JC" should help you out. How long has this been going on?
Old     (eric_ms)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2007, 8:05 AM Reply   
Thanks I will look into those clamps. I have only had the racks for about a month and ever since then I have tried to contact them and well it has gotten me nowhere.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-25-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
Thsi kinda of thing freakin amazes me.....did you for once think to yourself...why are these racks only $85 when everyone other legitamite manufacturer charges more than double? You got what you paid for.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-25-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
Hey Eric.... Go to and Orchard Supply and pick up some rubber. They've got all different thicknesses and densities. You should be able to find something tha works. Try that.
Old     (eric_ms)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
Sam I no what ya mean. I am now firm believer in ya get what ya pay for. Evan thanks I will try that.
Old    bigdtx            05-25-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
HAHA what a piece of crap. I guess it has the right name: "The Assassin" - for when it falls off on your head & kills you.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-25-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
Maybe send them another email with a link to this thread and some more threads you could post on every other wakeboarding/boating website you can find. It might not help a lot, but it might help you sleep better at night
Old     (eric_ms)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
Great thought Bob. Will do
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-25-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
My buddie picked up the same racks and we put rubber in it and they work like a dream. Not the best looking but two years strong. They are not very solid but the boards stay up and out of the way even in the chop. Good luck with them!
Old     (michael_h)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-25-2007, 10:49 AM Reply   
double sided 3-m tape
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-27-2007, 7:31 AM Reply   
I bought one of these back in the day. Essentially the same problem, Finally I just put a grabber screw through the hole in the back and it stopped it from twisting. Cheap rack, I wasn't a big fan, but it did hold boards.
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-27-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
Erik...I bought one of those racks too. The Assassin Board racks. They spun down once and we drilled a hole through it and put a bolt - nut straight through ands it worked fine. Those racks are definaely garbage but you get what you pay for....Good luck
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-29-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
Why not just grind the ends of the clamps so they will close tighter? Might not be a perfect solution but it should work........
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-29-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
drill into the tower and secure it that way with a self-tapping screw
Old     (riverdave)      Join Date: May 2007       05-29-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
If you have any kind of nice boat, with a nice tower take those racks and throw them in the garbage..

Go buy some nice Billet racks, that actually "clamp" onto the rollcage....errr "tower" (sorry some of the hotboater in me slipped out there)

RD
Old     (masterxstar)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-29-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
next time spend some money and it wont happen cheap price== cheap product