Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-07-2009, 6:40 PM Reply   
So I finally got around to installing my RVC and it's not working correctly. The lights are all doing what their suppose to do its shutting off the music when it gets set but it doesn't come back on after I go back to neutral and then to the RPM level I set it at. Any ideas? I'm gonna call Jim if no one here knows the solution so no need to recommend that. Thanks.
Old     (prostartjh)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-07-2009, 8:13 PM Reply   
Are you sure you got the right Tac wire? I have the same issue. Mine turns on and all the lights go on. I can even turn it off and the sound go way up. However, when I turn the motor over and run the boat up to the preset RPM level (V8 = 2,500 rpm), the sound stays at whatever level it started off at. I called Jim at HSE and he is helping me find the correct wire. I think I found it but I haven't had any time to check it out. Let us know what you find out.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-07-2009, 11:34 PM Reply   
According to the manual if I'm getting a good RPM setting the light will blink rapidly then go out which it does. I literally tried every wire coming off the back of the tac until the last which again appears to be working. The other wires caused the light to stay on after the blinking for about 5 seconds which indicates a bad reading so I'm sure it's wired properly.
Old     (sound_illusions)      Join Date: May 2005       06-08-2009, 8:15 AM Reply   
Hate you cannot use the wire off of the actual tach itself. Same issue with hooking up PP. You must use an analog signal, and not a digital signal. I dont remember the wire but there is a computr under the dash which ha an analog signal coming into it, then the computer sends a digital signal out to the guage itself. Try and call the dealer to ask which wire color it is.
Old     (prostartjh)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-08-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
Hate - I have the same thing happening with mine. Hooked the TAC wire to what we believe is an analog signal. The RVS operates find - Program light blinks correctly then goes out. However, I still can't get the volume to go up or down as the boat goes from idle to underway. That is why I think I have the wrong wire for the TAC. I tapped into the wiring harness at the engine not behind the TAC on the dash.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-08-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
Here is pics of my install. I talked with Jim at HSE and the folks at PP and I tapped into my tach via splicing into the Perfect Pass analog tach wire. Where my finger is pointing in the picture is where I spliced between the perfect pass shrinkwrap and the tach guage. Both HSE and PP have the analog signal now. You can't spice close to the PP module as there are 3 tiny wires for the analog tach signal and it doesn't match up to the single grey wire HSE wants---but in front of the PP Tach Wire Shrinkwrap you are good to go Grey wire to Grey wire.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/HSE-Volume-Control-unit-t574.html

It's been a few weeks since I've used the HSE, so I don't remember my lights and such.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-08-2009, 12:32 PM Reply   
Cool guys thanks. I called my dealer to find out which wire I need to tap into so I should be good there.

On a side note I got a call out of the blue from Jim Aikins the owner of HSE. He'd seen this thread and looked up my number. I was very impressed with his prompt response to this thread and the fact that I didn't even contact him. He offered a couple potential solutions and was eager to help me resolve this.
Old     (prostartjh)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-08-2009, 12:41 PM Reply   
Jim is very proactive with customer service and a great guy. I have spoken to him on this subject several times. My issue is I can't find the time to get done to my boat to try a few of the solutions he has given me. I have my son's baseball and daughter's tennis practice. Life is busy.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-18-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
Just got back on the boat and played with the HSE again. LOVE IT and everyone in the boat did too.

Splicing into the Perfect Pass Tach wire was the correct way to get the signal for me. Just make sure you do it on the guage side of the shrinkwrap of the PP wire.

How I set mine: Turn volume on stereo up loud. Turn on unit. Get up to surfing speed and hold the program button till it starts blinking. Turn the HSE volume to -60db or so. DONE. Ride all day and turn the engine off but I don't turn the boat completely off when changing sets.

Good luck.