Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            08-06-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
We're registered and heading up to Lake Sammamish. Who will be joining us up in the Pacific North West?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
I'm in and will be stayin at Vasa Park for the weekend. Can't wait to meet everyone. Jeff your right, I met Grace this week, she is so nice. I will be riding in the am. division. I'm still 2 years away from qualifying for the Masters (50+). this should be a fun weekend. I hear we will be having 10 open riders. Thats awsome for a grass roots event, don't you think? Oh yea, I'm also stoked to finally meet you (the one and only Surf Dad).
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-06-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
I will be there, along with all the kids. Ashley, Whitney, RJ, Maddie and Thomas will be competing.
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
I'M ON A WAITING LIST. HOPEFULLY I'LL GET IN. I'LL BRING MY PENCIL HOLDER RAGBOY.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-06-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
LOL, and I will bring my Marks-A-Lot holder. That reminds me of a video I have to put up. I forgot about it.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-06-2009, 7:30 PM Reply   
I am looking forward to meeting ragboy and his crew and Surf Dad and many others.

Had a great time at the Social the other night. Great bunch of people.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
So we are heading up to Washington for the NWWSA contest. Hoping its a great time and good conditions and my kids have fun surfing. I am going to be VERY busy, they are putting me to work. However, if any of you from the area want to stop by and say hello, I will probably be on the beach with a bunch of equipment and would love to say hi.

http://www.nwwsa.org/
Old     (tapps210)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-27-2009, 5:26 PM Reply   
Anyone know what the layout is going to be? Just wondering if we should drag the boat up there to get a better view of the riders or stay on shore. Any chance of a beer garden
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2009, 6:41 PM Reply   
There is going to be a video station on the shore, to watch what is going on. Unless you are IN the tow boat, that will probably be best place.

Here is a layout of the course, just a google earth view with markup.

map
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-27-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
I'm so ticked I have to work on Saturday this is all going down right in my own back yard.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-27-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
Packrat will be there and for your info they have wireless at Vasa for people staying there. It's works really well. There will also be vendors there on Sat selling food coffee ect..
Boat launch is kind of iffy, stay to the right as it drops off to the left.
Looking forward to the event and looking forward to next year too. I am already camping there nice place good people.
Old     (majestic)      Join Date: May 2008       08-27-2009, 9:46 PM Reply   
Thats going to be hard to watch from shore.
Old    surfdad            08-28-2009, 5:30 AM Reply   
Wakesurfing is always hard to watch from shore. The Ohio Board Sports club graciously allowed Robert Garcia to use thier broadcast equipment and they should be broadcasting from the boats to a monitor on the shore.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-28-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
What about broadcasting to a monitor in SoCal? I wanna watch.
Old    surfdad            08-28-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
I know that Ragboy has podcast capabilities, I'd check the wake9 site.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-28-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
I asked the same thing in Ohio, and I believe a laptop or such needs to have a tuner to convert from NTSC to Digital. I had one on my desktop, but nothing for a laptop. They said they did record the runs for later playback but we were not able to do live podcasts at the time.

If someone is providing a monitor, duct tape the heck out of the base as my 32" LCD got airborn at Nationals from a wind gust. Luckly it landed on the back of the TV. It's a real sweet setup. Everyone hung around the TV and watched the action like being in the boat. Have fun all!
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-28-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
A laptop with a Coax connection in the back will most likely have the tuner needed. It's not a normal thing though.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2009, 7:48 PM Reply   
I am on it guys. I brought with me everything I would need to feed the shore AND stream live if possible. Todays tests worked. Stay tuned to this thread for links, or check http://wake.com/

I will update more details here tonight.

I would give it a 60% chance we will have a live stream.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-28-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
Sintered Metal Parts?
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-28-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
I think that is wake9.com