Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2008, 5:08 AM Reply   
I have not yet been able to find a binding that fits me well. I started with the HL Foundation bindings that came with my board last year. The foot beds were too hard and the boot had no support and they did not hold my heel. The next boot I tried was the 08 HL Murray. In order for my toes not to be rubbing the end of the boot, I had to get a size 11. Very easy to get in and out of and lightweight, but no heel hold down. My next and current set of bindings are some 07 LF Transits. I like them, not too hard to get on off, good support, decent heel hold down. But, if I get them tight enough to hold my heel, my foot falls asleep and they become uncomfortable. The boots fits good around my leg, ankle area, but is too tight across my toes. I then tried some 07 LF Watson OT in the next size up. Fit great across my toes, but once again, no heel hold down. Can anyone suggest what to try next? I think my problem is I must have a small ankle for my length foot. Seems like I can buy a binding to fit one part of my foot but not the other. I need help guys. I'm trying to progress in this sport and I feel like the bindings are going to hold me back.
Old     (cedarbro)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-28-2008, 5:43 AM Reply   
From what I here the Hyperlite ERA's fit tight.

Just a thought
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-28-2008, 5:55 AM Reply   
I have an era setup for sale still. If interested PM me.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2008, 6:06 AM Reply   
I have tried the L Era and it pinches me around my ankle. Never tried an XL. I'll have to look into that.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-28-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Get yourself some CWB Zeus...I've never felt heel lockdown like these bad boys. My feet do start to go to sleep after 20-30 minutes, but that is lessening with use.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure I don't want to go the hinge route. Heard to many stories about those and just one more thing to tear up.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-28-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
Jon, check out the 2007 LF shanes. They are an AMAZING Binding, and the vast majority of them are going on closeouts. Best boot i've ever ridden. HIGHLY recommend it!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-28-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
Jon - 08 Slingshot D2's. Far and away the most comfortable boot I've ridden. you can ride for hours in them without your feet getting sore. you won't find a boot with less heel lift either. my other recommendation would be Obrien Xenon's.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
I've looked at the D2's. They look like a lot of trouble to put on. Don't they have about three laces to cinch down? I have not ruled them out yet.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-28-2008, 10:41 AM Reply   
Another vote for the 08 Zeus's, the boot is solid.
go try some on and see for yourself, you wont get any heel lift with the 08 Zeus and I have had ZERO come back for any kind of problems.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-28-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
Jon, if you are interested into the 08 Slinghsot's, I won a pair of size 10's at a tournament yesterday and they are for sale today.

Their brand new in the box and never been used.

300 + shipping

shoot me an email if you're interested dlws_rider@yahoo.com
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-28-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
Jon, they maybe take an extra 30 seconds to put on compared to something else. i ride with/out the ankle harness which eliminates one of the laces, so you're left with only two...just like most other bindings. the snaps don't hold that well so i just put the excess laces through the loop in the back of the boot...not a big deal at all. the extra few seconds to put them on is definitely worth the comfort, support, and heel hold. i wear a 10.5 shoe and ride an 11 D2...it's a perfect fit. there are no pressure points that will irritate your foot either.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
I'm leaning toward the D2's. I would like to try the Response board too. I wish I could demo one.
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-28-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
I'm with the people suggesting the '08 Zeus. Really comfortable/supportive/locked in and I've been wearing mine since May and my feet have never fallen asleep in them.
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-28-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
LF vantages dude. Super soft n comfy. Probably one of the most adjustable bindings ever, and in my expierence quicker than almost all of the C-Dub Hinge bindings on the in n out
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-28-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
Jon, don't dismiss the Zeus boots because of the Hinge. For '08 they reversed the Hinge to point it down and the few instances of people coming into contact with it were eliminated, plus it cleaned up the lines. Like innov8 said they are incredibly durable, I've been wearing my Answers since November and they look brand new and I ride a fair amount. There is not another boot I've tried that has the heel hold or comfort that CWB and the Hinge offers. Give em a try.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-28-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
A tight binding with great hold down in the heel is very important to me as I have narrow heels---that's why I ride the the CWB Zues LTD. open toe bindings. The hinge bindings are the only way to go for me. I've had zero problems with my '08 Zues!! Rode the '08 Factions before that with similar results(I don't care for closed toe bindings).
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-28-2008, 6:05 PM Reply   
I am not sure how long you have worn any of these bindings but it sounds like you have gone through a few in a short time.

Some bindings need breaking in.....for example my 08 hyp murrays rubbed my big toe whennI first got them...now I dont feel it at all. I also have absolutly o heel lift (and I have a slim foot), I also wear the socks in them.
the watsons are also a great boot.....if you havent done so already ...I suggest you ride a pair till they are broken in.\\

just curious....what size is your foot?

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on July 28, 2008)
Old    benj_t            07-28-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
two thousand and eight Shane Bonifay closed toe boots!
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
I wear a 10.5 shoe.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-28-2008, 6:47 PM Reply   
from what I can tell the most important feature to you is a good heel pocket, which is why I would suggest either a ronix binding; because they come with J-bars which will help you customize your heel pocket, or a CWB Hinge Tech Binding.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
I may try the 2008 Ronix Cell boots. What is Shane's boot?
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-29-2008, 5:54 AM Reply   
+1 for the Vantages. I have a funny shaped foot that can be hard to fit properly in a binding. On top of being incredibly soft and comfortable, the Vantage allows me to set things perfectly every time, in a snap. Demo a set!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-01-2008, 4:41 AM Reply   
i try'd the vantages on in the shop a while back and i could not get them nearly as tight as i wanted around the top strap. do you guys who ride them like that feeling, or are you able to strap yours down tight (again i'm just talking around the top strap of the boot)?
Old     (infantryman2oo2)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
cwb close-toed zeus new for 08...you put these on once in a store with any other binding and i garentte you'll buy them. the back in an inch higher then any other boat way better for support. huge jell bottom for soft landings with many other little details just an awesome boot
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-01-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
But the Zeus bindings are so ugly.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-01-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
I am able to get the top straps on my Vantages tight, but the first few times I didn't really crank on it and it was loose. I have a fat and wide foot at the toes, so I have to go a size up to have enough room...leaving some extra room at the ankle. Even with that, I'm able to get the top strap tight enough to stay in.

Take two passes at the straps since the boot progressively tightens as you strap each one. In the end it takes almost as long to get into as any other binding, but the adjustability gives you a perfect fit at the toe, foot, and ankle.
Old     (skelley19)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-01-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
Sounds like your Transits might just need to be broken in a little bit more to prevent your foot from falling asleep. They should get a little better with each ride or you can speed it up by using the bathtub method. Fill the tub up with some hot water (but not too hot to put your feet in), put your boots on and stand in the tub for a few minutes to soften up the footbed. Now walk around the house (it helps to take the pro plates off first) for 10 ten minutes or so and they should mold to your feet. I did this to my Watson CTs and they fit like a glove now.
Old     (infantryman2oo2)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
jon it ain't about the look its about the ride you want a good looking binding then just go look for one on your own don't ask people. if your asking people your asking them what feels good i've demo'd well over a dozen boots and the 08 cwb zeus binding are the best feeling boot money can buy in my eyes. but if its about the looks of a boot your on your own bro