Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (bigdave13)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-07-2008, 10:50 PM Reply   
I looking to get the malibu wakesetter 247 boat but ive never road behind a malibu and i wanna know how the wake is compared to other high end boats, all boats, any boats, HELP!!!
Old     (my_malibu)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-07-2008, 11:01 PM Reply   
get ready to hit some huge wakes
all ballast full 14 people good to go
has soft lip and long landing zone
I rod one a 85ft 24mph damn fun
compared to my 06vlx bagged out less rampy but bigger land zone
great party boat need a lot of friends
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-08-2008, 5:11 AM Reply   
uhhhh, great stock with people, even better with more peep, in fact very large. A little bit wider than my VLX, the wedge can be adjusted (or not) to change lip/shape of wake. Besides the VLX it is my favorite wake. Surf wakes when weighted correctly are amazing.

Two suggestions, get out and test drive the 247 boat, and other boats. While the WW has some good info, there is bias in everyones experiences. Second, head over to themalibucrew.com for my specific info.

(Message edited by auto on April 08, 2008)
Old     (libertylake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-08-2008, 7:42 AM Reply   
I have to say I have ridden just about every boat out there. The 247 throws one of the best wakes loaded or not. I still have this vision of going up the ramp with visible wake both in front and back of the board. But the best part is that is doesn't buck you at the top. Nice and mellow. Surf wake can be huge as well.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-08-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
Throws a pretty bad surf wake..

Upload
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-08-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
the 247 has the biggest wake with stock ballast and the wedge down than any other boat in the market. huge,clean and smooth. i rode with 11 people in the boat, full ballast and the wedge 1 click up from the bottom and it was a monster. i normally ride at 95 feet and about 27 mph and when i rode that wake i could have easily gone to at least 105 feet and whatever speed behind that boat. plus it has a place to hold a trash can built in under the seat. pretty cool.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-09-2008, 5:16 AM Reply   
D#mn, 95ft and 27mph?! 105ft?! Guys, I think we found Keith Lyman on this board...