Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-26-2003, 2:07 PM Reply   
And it felt great I did it after a boat with a small wake, but with a pole. I can't wait trying it after a real wakeboard boat.

My next step will be to be more consistent doing the wake2wake, and then learn to ride switch. Maybe someone give me a tip on the last thing? When I am doing it, it feels really strange. I can't find the right balance.
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-26-2003, 3:01 PM Reply   
First of all congrats on going w2w. Riding switch is something that you just need to do alot to get good at it. But something that helped me and others i know is getting up switch.
Old    lakesideluver            08-26-2003, 4:23 PM Reply   
too bad in about twenty times riding with berner ive never seen him ride switch buy hey, he is right in what he says, i just started jumped the wake switch this week and its very akward, but i found that if i just did it, once i got in the air it was very natural
Old    lakesideluver            08-26-2003, 4:32 PM Reply   
by the way bro, riding switch is probably the most important next step you could learn, and most people including myself tend to learn that last but i just wanted to say you could also start trying some grabs and even a 180 now too, although i suggest a one wake 180 first just so you get the feel for landing switch but anyways big ups to you bro, and berner your a
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-27-2003, 4:29 PM Reply   
Its hard to ride switch when the driver is to busy talking about stuff he doesnt know and driving like 30 miles a hour with a 55 foot rope. Mike ever wonder why you cant get people to ride with you???
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-27-2003, 4:32 PM Reply   
Mike you read this post: http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=12856
Old    lakesideluver            08-27-2003, 7:10 PM Reply   
scott better watch his step
Old    lakesideluver            08-27-2003, 7:12 PM Reply   
ill send you the bill bud, and you better hope i dont see you anywhere.....cause really dude, im not that guy
Old    lakesideluver            08-28-2003, 8:50 AM Reply   
lol and the funny thing its a 65 ft rope, adjusted to my wake, at 23 mph.....funny your the only one who cant land anything
Old     (aaron_l)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-28-2003, 7:34 PM Reply   
First of all Casper, congrats on the wake to wake. Learn to ride switch as soon as possible, cause it just gets harder and harder. I wish would've right away. Now concerning Mike and Scot. I might be a bit biased, but I have to side with Scot. Mike, I don't know what to say, I'm not sure what happened but I just never had fun wakeboarding with you towards the end. There are many reasons I could go into, but I'm not going to because I don't want to sink to your level, and because if I were to start listing reasons I could go on forever and I don't want this post to drag on too long. Sorry for any way that we hurt or offended you. There, I apologized, I don't expect one from you because you seem pretty bitter about the whole situation and don't seem like the kind of person who appologizes much, I think I'll just try and take the higher road and not sink to your level.
Old    wes_the_gimp            08-28-2003, 10:12 PM Reply   
Awesome Casper! Scott has it right. When you get up, while the boat is still going slow, it is easy to do a surface 180 from normal to switch and back. This will give you a little practice each and every time you get up.
Old    krichard            08-28-2003, 10:50 PM Reply   
What is funny is that those that can't appologise and learn to get along end up not having a steady boarding crew for long.

Casper, way to go!!! The next step is doing it switch and then learning to do healside/toeside both ways!!! good luck and keep it up.
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-29-2003, 1:40 AM Reply   
Hi!

Thanks for your answers. Everytime I am out, I practice the switch. Someday it will come, I hope .

I can do the surface 180, but I think I am standing to much on the front leg (in my case the right leg), when i am riding switch. I think I will have someone videotaping it, so I can see what I am doing wrong.
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-29-2003, 9:59 AM Reply   
It helps to get smaller fins if you dont have them already, it makes it so the board can break loose really easy.
Old    lakesideluver            08-29-2003, 10:02 AM Reply   
so says aaron the guy with no board, the only one in the whole crew to NOT ONCE pitch in on gas, and a who just looks and acts like elmer fudd.....casper i have to say your smarter than most people if you are going to tackle switch right away......larson cant ride switch period not even for one second so he really shouldnt comment on this post....and casper, i think what you say about leaning on your front foot switch makes a lot of sense, im pretty sure thats what i do
Old    lakesideluver            08-29-2003, 10:08 AM Reply   
scott i agree....i had to work hard to get good at breaking the fins loose on the tfd cause they bite so hard......i think riding my board finless has helped a lot cause now im doing lots of surface stuff outside the wake with the fins on, lipslides backslides surface backside 180s and surface 3's....just adding a lil bit of style to my ride....but i hear the tfd make some smaller fins you can buy and im gonna go get those
Old     (aaron_l)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-29-2003, 11:15 AM Reply   
See Mike, I tried to be classy. I didn't attack you personally, I didn't call you names or attack your riding. Then you come back and just rip on me. You attacked me because I don't have my own board, well sorry that I have to pay for my car and for my owm college education, and therefore couldn't afford a board this year. Also, I did chip in on a gas once or twice for sure(at least twice when I helped you out for work and you said I was covered for a bit), and I offered you some cash a few other times, but you turned me down saying, "just chip in next time". I never said I couild ride switch, I just said I wish I would've learned right away. To be honest, I can ride a switch a little, but never did behind your boat becuase all you ever did was pressure me to do backrolls and such. You got upset every time I fell without doing something big, so I never tried to ride switch because it wouldn't have lasted long and I didn't feel like listening to you either tell me not to fall, or listen to you give me a twenty minute lecture on the proper technique to riding switch. I know you got mad because you never got to go out on Scot's boat, but the thing is, it isn't Scot's boat, it's his parents and I was lucky to get out on it a few times this year. I apologized once already, and as I expected you did not, you just blasted me like you were in middle school. That's OK with me though, because I know what kind of person you are and what kind of person I am, and I don't really care what you think of me.

I'm really sorry Casper, I don't like having this argument in your thread, keep up the hard work and try and improve everytime you ride. Don't worry, everything comes with time.
Old    lakesideluver            08-29-2003, 4:44 PM Reply   
im done with this thread