Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Falcon_Jess)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-16-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
Need to replace my fuel pump on a Mercruiser 5.7 liter 350 mag carb engine. I have the engine serial number as well if that would be any help. The fuel pump from what I can see says its a Carter but the part numbers are nearly impossible to read, I think the part number is 506004FZ08.. the Z might be a 2. Any suggestions as to where to get a new fuel pump from? Would NAPA have something comparable since the engine is the same as a small block chevy? I was told the pump needed to be replaced bc it was letting gas into the oil by a mechanic. Thankfully nothing on the engine is broken that I know of.. Any tips on the replacement process, I know I need to do another oil change now with filter and a new water/fuel filter as well along with the pump. ANY help is appreciated! thanks.
Old     (humboldtboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-16-2010, 10:24 PM Reply   
Try going to this website http://www.mercurypartsexpress.com/us/ and click on the "Part search by engine serial #" Then look up your fuel pump and you should get a mercruiser part number. Google that merc part number and you should find some other aftermarket pumps. From there you may be able to locate a pump at your local part store. I tried searching for the part numbers you listed and couldn't come up with anything.