Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-03-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
Sonnen gets smoked in this rematch. He looked so bad in his last fight I can't even begin to believe he can do what he did to Silva last time.

Discuss.

BTW I am in Spain for the next two weeks and I don't even get to watch it. So pissed.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-03-2012, 3:09 PM Reply   
Honestly i like Chael but he is starting to tire me with some of the ridiculous things he is saying. The first fight I was routing for Sonnen, this fight I am routing for Silva. IMO this is how I see it going

Sonnen is going to come out hard and pressure Silva as to not let him have any distance to work his stand up. I believe Silva has had to have worked extensively on his tank down defense to keep the fight standing. If Silva can come out and fight his fight it gonna be lights out Sonnen. If Sonnen can come out and stay on Silva for 5 rounds he may be able to squeak out a win. Prediction -

Silva by viscous knock out!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-03-2012, 4:54 PM Reply   
Sonnen by gound and pound. I know Sonnen looked horrible in his last fight. But he has been granted HGH therapy for this one. I still can't believe how much Sonnen dominated the first fight and I think he is going to do it again. Plus I just hate Anderson Silva with a passion!!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-03-2012, 9:59 PM Reply   
What do u mean he was granted HGH? Who granted it the fighting commission? Thats a bunch of crap if that is true. I don't care what his excuse is for using an enhancer, the bottom line is it's cheating. Human Growth Hormone is powerful stuff. I've known guys who used it to gain 20lbs of solid muscle in a short time span and their strength and endurance was though the roof.

I've never taken HGH but I have taken many kinds of test back in my younger days. I can attest it not only makes you feel invincible, your strength is up, you morale is up you feel like superman. I have no idea why any fighting commission would let anyone take a performance enhancing drug it makes no sense.
Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-04-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
HGH is nothing like test and it DEFINITELY doesn't do anything in a short period of time. That being said, U find it very hard to believe any legit sport would approve it for one athlete and nit another. Surely this isn't true.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-05-2012, 11:06 AM Reply   
Many MANY UFC fighters are authorized to use testosterone replacement therapy. Is that what we're talking about? Who cares.

It's so hard to bet against Silva, because he's such an amazing fighter.. but something in me says Sonnen is going to pull off the upset on Saturday. I can't wait.

Hopefully a loss will push SIlva to move up to 205 where he belongs.
Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-06-2012, 3:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Many MANY UFC fighters are authorized to use testosterone replacement therapy. Is that what we're talking about? Who cares?.
I don't have the time or energy to explain the benefits of increased testosterone to you since you obviously are ill informed on the subject, so let's just say "a lot". Which is probably why "many MANY" UFC fighters are on a program.

They need to just make it legal and call it a day. Many benefits to HGH as well as anbolics that are not put out there BC of the mass media scaring folks by using steroids as a scapegoat for folks like Chris Benoit, Lyle Alzado etc.

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-07-2012, 3:31 PM Reply   
I haven't bougth a fight in a while but I'm getting this one.

For some weird reason I want Sonnen to win but I think this time around its going to be an ass whooping at the hands of Silva. He's a very smart fighter and will use what he learned from the last fight against him. Its a bummer too because I find the over the top bragging that Sonnen does to very comedic and I think Silva will shut him up.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-07-2012, 10:34 PM Reply   
So after all the trash talk, all the stupid things Chael said leading up to this. Anderson TKO's him easily in the 2nd round. It would be one thing if Chael had never said anything, but now he looks like a total moron. The whole night was a great night of fights. I don't know what you guys think about Tito but I always though he lacked heart. I called this fight exactly how it turned out.

Although Tito fought a good fight, he lost not because Forrest beat him, he lost becuase he lacks the will to win as usual. Tito has all the toold except the one he needs most, the will to win. Forrest on the other hand never gives up and come to fight. Tito always seems to just miss the mark. The difference is Forrest came to win tito wanted to win but didn't do the things he needed to to actually win the fight. IMO Tito could have won the fight if he only had the will to go the extra mile.

I do not want to watch another Tito fight ever. Other than that an excellent night of fights.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-08-2012, 6:39 AM Reply   
Meh...

So, Im at a relatives house who is really into MMA and they have this PPV on. So, I give MMA one more shot. Certainly, if any fight is going to win you over its this one, right? The "most anticipated fight in MMA history" fully backed by trash talk on both sides, ends in one guy falling on his ace untouched, in a complete display of uncoordination, crab walking up against the fence, and curling up in the fetal position. yay

Why did Forrest walk out after the fight?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-08-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
I don't know why Forrest did that. He has done stranger things. I was watching the fights at a sports bar and couldn't here a word the commentators were saying because of the noise. I am pretty sure it was both of their last fights in the octagon so I am assuming Forrest was paying tribute to his fans? Who knows.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-08-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg View Post
I don't have the time or energy to explain the benefits of increased testosterone to you since you obviously are ill informed on the subject, so let's just say "a lot". Which is probably why "many MANY" UFC fighters are on a program.

They need to just make it legal and call it a day. Many benefits to HGH as well as anbolics that are not put out there BC of the mass media scaring folks by using steroids as a scapegoat for folks like Chris Benoit, Lyle Alzado etc.

So, are you saying that Testosterone Replacement Therapy is actually just using human growth hormone as a steroid? I don't think that's correct, and here's why:

Many fighters and boxers obtain what is called a therapeutic use exemption for testosterone via submitting an application to the sanctioning state athletic commission. There is no TUE in any state that allows the use of steroids or HGH.

Chael Sonnen has to apply before every fight for his TUE and appear in front of the Athletic Commission to review his application. I streamed this hearing when it took place. He suffers from hypogonadism which affects the body's ability to naturally produce testosterone. So, without being injected with testosterone, he would theoretically die.

His testosterone levels and testosterone to epitestosterone ratio must be within the limits set forth by the states athletic commission (Nevada is 6:1) at drug test time.

Obviously, some athletes apply and get granted for TUE's when they don't really need it. That's cheating and it happens.

The fights were just ok for me. I see Sonnen goes on to fight Wanderlei Silva and Anderson fights Hector Lombard (if he beats Boetsch).
Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-09-2012, 12:31 PM Reply   
I am very clear on TRT. But if the many athletes are on TRT than I suspect foul play. I do not keep up with UFC so I have no idea how stringent their drug testing is. But it sounds like it is pretty much a joke from the folks I know who are more involved with the sport. Again, I have no idea what Sonnens case may be. He may very well have low testosterone naturally. But once you are on TRT it becomes VERY easy to beat the system.

Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-09-2012, 12:33 PM Reply   
Oh yeah. Also must mention that HGH is not test. Two completely different things. Most on TRT are simply given very low levels of test not HGH.

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-10-2012, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
He may very well have low testosterone naturally
Or unnaturally. Seeing as he was popped for it before we can assume that he used test which would virtually shut down his own production. Now he's got issues from his own use/abuse and qualifies for TRT...kinda BS.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-10-2012, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Or unnaturally. Seeing as he was popped for it before we can assume that he used test which would virtually shut down his own production. Now he's got issues from his own use/abuse and qualifies for TRT...kinda BS.
I'm pretty sure once you start a TRT regiment, you can't just stop. Which will be interesting to see how Nate Marquardt's career goes since he 'voluntarily' stopped TRT over the last year leading up to his Strikeforce fight with Woodley coming up.

In my opinion, some of these guys that are on TRT are 'naturally' low on testosterone.....but they are now low on testosterone because they abused PED's when they were younger. I'm pretty sure hypognadism is a side affect of prolonged steroid use.

Dana White was just on ESPN saying the same thing. Which is pretty huge. He hates TRT and wants it banned regardless of your medical condition. And I agree with him...kinda.

8:55 mark if interested

http://youtu.be/NsFNygUwPC0

If you're gonna allow TRT, then you should allow PED's. For all I care, allow PED's and let these guys go at it. I'd bet more than half of them use them anyways!