Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-10-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
those of you sanger owners gotta question? now that i got your attention! haha sorry.

is this hull the same as the v210? I really like open bow direct drives and was curios about these? looks like it might be the same? also how does it handle? I know the v210s handle pretty dang nice for a v drive. so how does the the direct drive open bow 21' handle?

Please im really looking for owners not people that have rode behind one. curios how they drive.
Old    walt            10-10-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
I believe the hulls are the same
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2007, 3:03 PM Reply   
Yes same hull. Send an email to CIE evan he owned one before the X-1 and bonecrusher. From what he posted here he liked it a lot.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-10-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
I love the way mine handles. Goes through chop very well, very good handling, and nice wake with stock ballast and a sac up front. Also, about 420 hours and have had no problems.
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-10-2007, 3:12 PM Reply   
I had the DLX for 7 years, now own a V215, have driven extensively a X-Star, Malibu, V210, Supra as well as a few others and hands down in my opinion, the DLX handles the best (just handling...not comparing ANY other feature). It turns on a dime even fully loaded with 1800lbs and has great response. The direct drive hull is in fact the same as the V210 and now that I have the V215, the handling of the DLX is one of the things that I miss. They do sit a bit lower in the water, but handle rough conditions really well and if you know how to actually drive, dunking the nose will not be a problem.

Shawn
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-10-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
Upload OK you did get my attention.
I have the D215 which is the same hull as the V215. The V215 was absolutely the best handling rear engine boat I drove and as good as some of the D-drives. The D215 is better and I can usually show someone why I bought it after one hard start and two 90° turns at 30. Takes about 15 seconds to knock their socks off. The handling was the major reason I bought it ahead of any other boat.
The direct drive has less bow lift and runs flatter through storms. When you see it on a buoy in a storm in rocks much less than most boats. Sitting in the back while driving through rollers or heavy chop is very smooth. You still feel the bangs in the driver's seat but nobody in my back lounge cares.
I have not driven the V210 or the DLX but I expect you'll get similar results. For me the direct drive was the right choice. Especially with the D215 seating.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-11-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
I am on 3rd &looking for my 4th Sanger. Have had a 87TX I/0, very fast but was into slalom at the time so went with 89 DX. Now have 96DLX20 (up for sale in Sacramento) and looking for V230. Best handeling boat on the market in my opinion. Customer service and quality make it my first choice over other larger brands. Shawn sunk the nail with his comment about knowing how to drive to avoid dunking he front. I have had it in scary roller waves in the delta and never had a problem but have seen them go down also. Best ride in heavy chop and very dry boat. Wake is outstanding with just a little weight. I have 400lbs lead and 400 semi auto ballast and wake is awesome.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-11-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
Rich, how much for you DLX, might have an interested neighbor.

Talk to Jody at Delta Sport Boats in Antioch regarding a V230.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-11-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
Dang Rick the boys are getting BIG!
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-11-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
I've got a 2001 SangAir, and I've been very happy with the boat. We run about 2000lbs total in lead and water, and I've never had a complaint in regards to the size of the wake.

As mentioned above, these boats handle great, they are very reliable, they ride well in rough water, and they produce a solid wakeboarding wake.

With that being said, I would upgrade to a V215 in a heart beat if my wife would let me.

If you want to get behind one of these boats, then hit me up for a ride on the delta in one of the upcoming weeks.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-11-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
Evans Sanger's wake was crazy big. For sure a great wake for the price. Boats a bit small when comparing it to a Star but if your normal crew is 3 or 4 people then its a great boat. (but no wake compare to the Star IMHO)

al
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-11-2007, 3:17 PM Reply   
thanks guys, ive been curios, I know theres a ton of good wakeboats out there in the ddrive category i will be looking for a few of them next season to flip, I kinda had a feeling about the sangers, or at least you sangers owners would say exactly that.

no need for a 45k v drive when a 15k ddrive does the job. Leaves $$ for other toys.