Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    alanp            07-11-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
certianly looks like a nice boat. id be interested to hear how the boat rides stock. i get pretty skeptical of boats with wide beams. its been my experience they dont typically do well without the addition of a fair amount of ballast(in addition to the stock tanks).
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
i think they made a mistake by putting those chrome vents on the pickle bow because it could be used for boarding/swimming... but thats just my opinion. Looks nice though, but a little skeptical on the triangle graphic...
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-11-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
hmnmm looks like they just bought and X2 and made a mold of it and copied the hull straight up ???
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-12-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
alan: If anyone can pull it off in the ride category, it will be tige...usually they have great ride in the chop.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-12-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
The beam has nothing to do with the wake My beam is 98" and I have a sweet wake.Im not a fan of Tige although when purchasing a new boat I did consider them.Its all in the hull design.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-12-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
Ya Bill it does look like an X-2 Rip off.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-12-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
Ya, but the xstar is a deck boat copy, and almost every v drive boat is a copy of who ever was first with a v drive (I think it was MC but could be mistaken). To not somewhat copy a popular design would end up being poor business thinking, if people want a wedge type bow then give the people what they want. I think it is bad ass, my only wish is they had this 2 years ago when I bought my 24v
Old     (okwakebdr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-12-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Beam DOES affect the wake. Larger beam = more weight to sink the boat and get the wake you want. Also means wider wake (which can be good or bad) depends on preference.

Pretty sweet looking boat. The dash seems kinda plain though. Where are all the guages for engine temp, fuel, amps, oil pressure, etc.? Maybe built into the digital read out?

I figured it was only a short period of time before SOMEONE started building pickle fork boats like the MC.
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-12-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
okwakebdr

I agree with you on the dash. It looks cheap or something. As in the rest of the boat I like. I really like the back of the boat.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-12-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
Super Air Nautique 220 Team Edition is AMAZING!
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-12-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
Oh, but that Tige looks cool!
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-12-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
Wide beam doesn't always mean lots of weight. Centruion Avalanche is 102" beam. We get a pro-quality wake with 1500#'s total. Wake is a little wider than most but size is excellent, verticle, and hard.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-12-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
First Vdrive had to be a Century right? Vdrives way back in the late sixties and seventies???

Other than that did Mc have an earlier Vdrive than the Nautique Excel?
Old     (wakeman21)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-12-2006, 11:05 PM Reply   
there used to be a bunch of v-drives but none were actually wake specific until the late 90s