Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-29-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
I'm trying to decide between an '05 Byerly or Catalyst and can a good deal on either one. I currently have a wood Cassette skate but would like to try a compression molded model. Does anybody out there have any feedback on these two boards? Thanks.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-30-2006, 6:58 AM Reply   
How tall are you and what do you weigh??? I'm at 5'5" and 165lbs and I went from the '04 112 Catalyst to the '05 109 Byerly and it made a world of difference to me. I started landing more tricks more consistently. The weight is sooo much better in the Byerly over the Catalyst, but I think guys that like a longer board or taller/heavier guys might like it Catalyst more.
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-30-2006, 7:03 AM Reply   
I'm 5'9" and weigh about 160. I'm leaning towards the Byerly. I think that the shorter length may be better for me. I expect to do more lip trick stuff than wake to wake.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-30-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
BYERLY!!!! The weight of the board really helped me on shuv-its. I was able to ollie the board out of the water more, plus lighter boards get cought up in the air or water and end up behind you pretty quick.
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-30-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
I'm going for the Byerly. I think the heavier board will be way mo better and I like the size and shape of the board. The graphics are pretty killer too. Thanks for the input.
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-05-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   
Get the Byerly, its a hole lot stronger. Plus, it does flip tricks alot better!
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-06-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
Sweet. The Byerly it is.