Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-11-2004, 7:48 AM Reply   
Well because of a repairing ACL I didn't actually ride it but my buddy did and he normally rides a Substance 142. I have to say from what he said and what i saw it is one truly amazing board looks really loose when neutral, accelerates fast on edge, gigantice pop, and super soft landings. My buddy agreed with everything i just said and the smile on his face said it all. It has stepped his riding up 4 notches where he was inconsistent when he popped he was getting huge air while looking in complete control and pulling nice solid grabs and even when the landings were sketchy somehow he pulled out of them when normally he would have bailed, this is not just another board in the quiver it is The Board to have
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-11-2004, 12:22 PM Reply   
sounds like the Fish could be another break-through in board design just like the Trip.
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-11-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
I agree with Randy 100%. I just bought a Fish 133 with Sphynx bindings and it is hands down the best setup I have ever ridden.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-11-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
i really wanna try one.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-11-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
sounds nice... do you work for lf randy? just kidding.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-11-2004, 3:54 PM Reply   
No i don't work for LF, I know it sounds like SPAM but it isn't just thought some people would be interested. I am still waiting for another engineering position to open there thoughI am kind of curious how it will ride when removing the center set of fins too......hmmmmm.
Old    alanp            10-11-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
chris no ride report?
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-12-2004, 5:08 AM Reply   
Alan,
I don't really have much to add over what Randy said. The board has incredible pop and great landings. It also spins really well. The board also seems pretty light to me, I am coming from an 04 era with 03 belmonts. Not much more can be said, I really don't have any negative comments yet. I road it about 6 times this past weekend and I am very pleased with my purchase. I will be riding this as my primary board. If you have any specific questions, ask away and I will do my best to answer them.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       10-12-2004, 8:19 AM Reply   
Chris, what size era do you normally ride? How much do you weigh and height? I want to see what size fish.
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-12-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
I ride the 140 Era. I way about 175 and I am about 5'-10.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-12-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
I ride a 140 premier... same as the era... they say ride 10 CM shorter than normal but I think 129 sounds too small... 5-10 180 are my dimensions, intermediate rider, I am very intrigued by this board, I rode the Nemesis 131 and I like small boards... 129 too small? is it possible by the 10 cm rule that the 133 is too big??
Old    210n            10-12-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
fish with the team boots on its the way to go. 1000% better than any other setup in the world.
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-13-2004, 5:20 AM Reply   
Duane,
You are about my size. I rode the 129 and really didn't have any problems with it. I went with the 133 because I keep my feet all the way out on the board and I figured 2 cm more on each end couldn't hurt.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-20-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
i still cant get past needed something mellow, the fist is just too agressive for me. and it threw my timing all off because of how shorter it was, i kept scetching landings by almost going over the front. other then that... the fish was AWESOME and really fun to ride. huge pop with super soft landings. i just wanted to add some of the negative (could find better word) aspects of it. worth demo for sure!
Old    dirty_mexicann            10-20-2004, 4:38 PM Reply   
I demoed the Fish 129 and I'm 6'3" and 230lbs. I had a blast. The board was awesome. I'm going to get a 133 soon, I definilt would say listen to what LF says and ride 10cm shorter...the boards are wide as hell.

late
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       10-21-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
I thought the board was too slow.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-21-2004, 10:05 AM Reply   
What to do you mean you thought it was slow are you really riding hard already? Did you get the knee brace and if so what kind was it and did insurance cover the whole deal?
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       10-21-2004, 10:54 AM Reply   
I got a Donjoy, insurance covered it completely, and no I'm not hitting the wake yet. However, when I was cutting and playing around on the board, it felt slow to me. Could be because I haven't ridden in a few months, but AJ agreed with me.
Old    awlang            10-21-2004, 1:10 PM Reply   
I ride a LF Trip 138 now, and I am 6'4", 250lbs. Think the 133 Fish would be too small?
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-21-2004, 1:18 PM Reply   
I think the board your on now is too small!
Old    awlang            10-21-2004, 1:33 PM Reply   
I love the 138 Trip. I get great pop, and I have a great time on it.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-21-2004, 2:26 PM Reply   
...and that's all that counts.
Old    stevenf            10-26-2004, 6:41 PM Reply   
i bought the 133 and it feels a little slow also. I like the board considering the board i rode till the fish is the iconn best carbon which is pretty much like the fish short and wide. I rode it a few times this past weekend and will keep riding it. I think though ill have to get used to the new bindings i got to the 05 alphas. im not used to riding an inch or more of foot bed off of the board. It does spin very well and land soft.
Old    trickskisrock            10-27-2004, 6:19 PM Reply   
I love this board. I agree with Sean that it felt real slow, but I like that in a board. It made up for the speed by being super explosive. I normally ride at 70' (including handle) behind a '02 SAN. I was easily clearing the wakes without any effort from a few feet outside the white water. No need to make these huge cuts from way out. Plus I really felt like I was going much bigger from only a few feet out. If I could've figured out the toe side a little better, I probably would have ridden out at 75'. The board spins really easily and has incredibly soft landings. Even though its slow, the board really holds its edge up through the wakes. Riding with your feet out only a few inches from the end of the board takes a little getting used to, especially the first time you look down after coming out of the water. I only have two negatives against the board and really neither are that bad. First, because the board is so wide and the shape of the bottom, it really isn't going to be a good rough water board. You really feel every pitch and roll of the water underneath you. I don't really ever ride if it gets rough so this doesn't really bother me too much. Secondly, the molded in fins look a little fragile. This may be just me, but I think they would've been better off with two pairs of bolt on fins. Also the removeable fins on the board I rode were screwed into the fin, not bolted. Besides these two issues, this is sitting at the top of my list so far for new boards to move to this season.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-28-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
i really wanna try one! anyone in socal wanna lend me the board for this weekend?
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-28-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   
haha, Joe don't do it. I fought it for two weeks than gave in. If you like to spin its where its at. You know me yep yep one is on its way. Two words (board hoe).
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-29-2004, 4:11 AM Reply   
Well hopefully Ill be trying one in a couple of weeks behind a new 21v. Ill let you know how it goes.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-07-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
I rode this board today and I didn't like it very much.

It seemed to me to have a 'Dual Personality'. In the flats it felt slow and sluggish and didn't respond as fast as I wanted. But, when it hit the wake WOOOHOOO it tossed me like I was a dwarf at the dwarf tossing olympics.

It landed soft, and held its edge very well. But I just couldnt get away from that explosive boom (pop isnt a strong enough word) off of the wake after the slow feeling approach.

Im 6'1, 235lbs and I just started this year (I ride a DU Pure Ride 141). We were behing a 05 21V with 2 sacks full and 6 adults in the boat. Im only now going HSw2w with consistency, so this board is above my skill level.

but everybody should give it a shot.
Old    trickskisrock            11-10-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
Chris,
That's a great description of the board. Funnily though, those attributes were exactly why I loved the board so much.