Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-24-2008, 10:11 PM Reply   
I finally got my hands on a copy of Push Process (thanks Matty), and I must say it has lived up to all of my expectations. I mean, I have read numerous posts on here about how good it is... but being a filmmaker myself- I am a huge critic. Especially when videos are hyped up to be more than they actually are.

First off PP achieves the goal of what a wake video is suppossed to do, and that is make you just wanna go out and ride. I have never been more bummed to be couped up in sub-zero weather than I am after watching that video.

No overuse of slow-mo which was a big plus for me. The video transfer was beautiful, which is very hard to accomplish when working with HD native footage converted down to SD. Virtually every shot was gorgeous. The cable cam shots were really cool- thats a great new look. Good looking timelapses. The soundtrack was upbeat and kept your attention. The motion graphics were very well done. You could definitely tell Chase's influence on this video on more than just the motion graphics- this video had a "Pre-Pop / Invisible Cinema" feel to it at certain points. I normally don't dig wakeskating sections because in most videos they tend to all look the same, but both Danny Hampson and George Daniels sections were crazy. And Rathy proved that he can throw down as well.

Andrew's section was your typical mobe fest. Or should I say mobe 5 fest. Throws in a W2W heel 9 at the end for an exclamation point. Wow...

Rathy probably had the breakout section of the year- TS 9/SW TS 9, BS 5/SW BS 5, HS 7/SW HS 7, Pete/SW Pete, Pete 5, SW Heel 9 off the wake... Oh yea and a really good shot of a stalefish late roll to blind. You can tell this kid worked his ass off to throw down the best section he could- and it paid off!!!

Lyman rode like... Lyman. His slim chance is probably the best looking slim I've ever seen- reminds me alot of Byerly's back in the day. His wake 2 wake rail transfers will have you hittin rewind a few times. And the shot w/ him shaking the Military Police's hand just sums him up right there...

Oh yea... Gotta love a good bail section... and this has one of the better one's I've seen.

Well that is my initial review and that's watching it once. I can't wait to watch it again- and for the snow and ice to melt so I can get back out and ride myself!!!

It's videos like this that made me wanna make films myself and it gives those of us just starting out in the industry something to push the envelope which is why we will be watching great wake films for a long time!!!

Thanks for the entertainment, Justin- good work man...