Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-17-2007, 7:15 PM Reply   
Getting ready to install a depth finder in my Sanger V215 I believe that the sounder Puck is glued to the hull near the v-drive under the back seat. Photos of the factory install location would be greatly appreciated. Also has anyone had any problems with the factory Hummin Bird or is the Uniden one better.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-17-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
I'd love to know too. I've got to install one this winter.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-18-2007, 6:20 AM Reply   
I have installed both brands in my V210 and have never had great results.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-18-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
I have a hummingbird transducer and it works fine. I epoxied it to the floor around mid hull. Poor results are usually from the epoxy or glue used to install. I find JB Weld to be a great epoxy for this, no bubbles and no chance of breaking down. No need to install in the exact same spot as the factory. I would look under the boat and find a location that appears to get the least amount of turbulence and install there.

(Message edited by olSkoolTige on December 18, 2007)
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-18-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
I concur with Steve, less turbulence equals better results. Don't get too close to or stay in front of hull steps, water intakes, rudder, prop, tracking fins, etc and you'll get good readings. You want to make sure it's in a location always in contact with water. Bubbles in the epoxy will screw up the readings. Mix it slow and press and twist slowly to seat and you'll be good. On my DD i put it just behind and to the left of the trans and have had no issues at all.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-20-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
My Humminbird works great in my V210 with the puck glued in the same spot as the raw water pick-up, but on the other side...
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-21-2007, 2:09 AM Reply   
Sparky jay that is where my perfect pass wheel is so do I go just in front of the paddle wheel or just in front of the water pickup. That is why I was hoping that someone had a factory installed one with a photo. Thanks for the input.
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-21-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
This should help 08 V215,factory install, we try to mount as low as possible to give the most accurate bottom distance reading,looks like anywhere along that area would be fine,see above comments on epoxy procedureUpload
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-21-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
In the middle would be fine as in the above pic... under the v-drive on the flat area in the hull
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-21-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
dave thank you, that looks perfect just wanted to see where the factory installs them.