Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-18-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
Has anyone towed with the new range rover supercharged or range rover sport supercharged? I am thinking about getting one of these and was wondering how is does towing?

Thanks in advance!
Old     (poserondubs)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-18-2006, 9:21 PM Reply   
i havnt personally towed with this vehicle..but i have seen the range tow some big boats(25+ft.)...i do know the tow rating on it is higher than a tahoe...but by the way it drives i cant see how..it drives, revs and shifts like a car, and tow hitch is tucked way under the bumper...test drive and talk to the dealership...or maybe someone will know..

DRew
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-18-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
I have test driven them but i haven't talked to the dealer about how they tow..thanks anyways!
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-18-2006, 10:34 PM Reply   
Find a Range Rover forum and search it, then if needed ask.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-18-2006, 11:02 PM Reply   
saw one yesterday pulling a nautie 226 at san v....heavy boat and major big hill to get there..
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-19-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
I have a Discovery 2 and It will tow anything, just not really fast. Remember that for the most part (might exclude the sports) they are geared for hill climbing and offroading, not freeway towing. Also the are full time 4wd, which means serious gas sucking. Couple that with the Premium fuel they take and it's a pricey deal. To give you an idea, we took our landy on vacation...360 mile drive not towing. I could maintain 70-80 though the mountains. I emptied a 25 gallon tank doing it though and it was darn near $60 to refuel (midwest pricing). They are comfy and great cars, but if you are looking for a tow truck, I'd recommend something you can put into 2wd to maximize the milage.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-19-2006, 3:48 PM Reply   
thx eric..the new one are much faster and no truck is going to pull a boat at a fast pace, but it might be faster with the increase in HP and the supercharger..4wd all the time is fine with me..i don't need something to go into 2wd..
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-19-2006, 4:08 PM Reply   
I went to get around an Escalade pulling a 30 ft powerboat, I kept thinking I would get right around him. At about 90 mph I finally managed to put a decent distance on him. I seriously could not believe he could tow that fast, the dude was hauling for real. The boat and trailer must have been 6000-7000 lbs. It was crazy, triple axle trailer.

Any of the Full Size Diesels will tow a ski boat like it ain't even there.

Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-19-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
flux..are you saying you had trouble passing him? was it the new escalade? aren't the new escalade like 400 horses as well?