Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-26-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
Thinking about adding perfect pass to reduce marital frustrations for me (riding) and my wife (driving). What is the cheapest speed based (paddle wheel) system that they have? I see the cruise but wonder if its RPM only. Thanks.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-26-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
Cruise is RPM only... Wakeboard Pro is still available but it's only 80 bucks more (from us) for Stargazer Wake Edition which is worth it.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-26-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   

That should be the slogan on the Perfect Pass website:
"Perfect Pass, it saves marriages"
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-26-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
How much $$$ for cruise vs. stargazer? Is RPM based control OK for wakeboarding? $$$ could be another source of marital frustrations if I spend the extra bucks for stargazer.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-26-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
Just buy this on that's for sale on wakeboarder - don't spend the extra on Stargazer if you're worried about the cost, it is not worth it.

What brand/model boat are you putting this in?

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=78441

Edit: after re-reading the link post, offer way less for that setup if he doesn't have the paddle wheel or the module.

(Message edited by sinkoumn on April 26, 2009)
Old     (tgoin)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-26-2009, 12:16 PM Reply   
We've always just referred to it as "the marriage saver" ... LOL
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-26-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
How much $$$ to add the paddle wheel and module to that system for sale on WB?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-26-2009, 1:07 PM Reply   
Not too sure on the price - I would just email PP and ask them what the cost for the two pieces would be, then base your offer for the setup on WB.com on that.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-26-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
I will say too, that if you are looking for a 'reason/justification' on buying Perfect Pass (whether new or used), you can always take it with you - so if you ever upgrade in the future to a newer boat and it doesn't have perfect pass, just take the system out of your old boat and install on the new setup; otherwise, if you do upgrade to a newer boat that already has PP built in, you can also take the system out of your old boat and sell it on here - so really it is a high initial cost, but what you can get back 1-2 years from now if you sell it, and the PEACE OF MIND that you'll not be getting all pissy about the speed of the boat is more than enough reason to get Perfect Pass.
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-27-2009, 7:40 AM Reply   
Looks like it will be cheaper to just buy a complete system. How is the RPM based Cruise system for wakeboarding? Is the speed based one really that much better?

(Message edited by drknute3 on April 27, 2009)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-27-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
Hey Bill, the ad says you can buy the upgrade kit which is only 469.00 shipped. you might want to call up Perect Pass and just confirm what exactly you'd need to add to the item on wakeboarder.com to be sure.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-27-2009, 7:57 AM Reply   
If you surf, I'd go with the paddlewheel system. RPM works fine once you're on plane, but won't work for surfing.
Old     (wstr01)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-27-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
Paddlewheel.
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-27-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
No surfing, just boarding.I understand the paddlewheel or GPS would be best, but is it really worth double?
Old     (trash)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-28-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
The PP Cruise is not RPM based (at least mine isn't). I purchased the Wakeboard Cruise model 3 years ago. It hooked right up to my paddlewheel lines. The only thing that got mounted to the engine was the servo.

Trash
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-28-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
Cruise is rpm based now, however it used to come in speed based as well. If you call PP and ask them nicely they will make you a speed based version of cruise for the same price as the rpm. They did it for me a couple of years ago.
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-28-2009, 12:04 PM Reply   
So if I went with the cruise setup, would it be better to go RPM or speed?
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-28-2009, 12:10 PM Reply   
For wakeboarding you want to go with speed. One thing you could also do is to call dome local dealers and see if they have a wakeboard pro module and/or other parts that they will sell you. Mine did, so I ended up sending the cruise module back to PP and keeping the servo and other parts. By doing so I ended up getting wakeboard pro for around $600.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-28-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
i'd get the stargazer wake edition. not sure what boat you have, but it's worth the money imo and simple install. you don't have to drill a hole in your boat for the paddle wheel either (assuming you don't already have one).