Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-18-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
Is the launch pad lounge seat(540 lbs) in the bow walkway enough to off set the down force of the wedge? I heard that 200-300 in the bow would work, but would that sac in the walkway work?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-18-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
I think so. My buddy ran about 500lbs up front with the wedge + 400lbs on each side, and had no issues with wake length. I say go for it.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-18-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
The WS LSV is very forgiving when it comes to weighting it. With the wedge down, 540 in the walkway should be great. We had a 2004 LSV for 3 seasons, and we ran stock (including front- this may be an option now), wedge, and about 700# steel mostly in the midship area. It threw a very consistent rampy wake that didn't wash out very easily. Our current '07 VLX throws an equally nice wake, but does require a bit of nose weight to get the optimum wake. Everyone that rides it loves it. Go Malibu!

(Message edited by deltawake on June 18, 2007)
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-18-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
Anybody know how i should present this to my dad? He doesnt like the idea of extra ballast because it takes away space and seating and he thinks fat sacs are only for i/o and ski boats that dont have internal ballast. Its so hard for me to convince him. Anyone got ideas?
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-18-2007, 8:45 PM Reply   
Let your dad read how many other boats have "extra" weight in them!
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-19-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
Buy some flat steel weights at the sporting goods store, or better yet, get them cheap off of Craigslist. They don't take up much room. Or, bring a bunch of friends. Or, just use stock ballast and the wedge- it's not a shabby wake.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-19-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
Yea, the stock wake is pretty good. It is your dad's boat, so I would listen to him. If you want extra weight that your dad can't see, go with steel or lead weight.
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-19-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
I know scotts mom!!!!!!!!
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-19-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
I bet you do danny! You had her in bed with your mom right? You little incest freak!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-19-2007, 10:12 PM Reply   
Anything more than stock mls in the front and my boat is almost taking on water over the bow putting back to pick up a downed rider, and I don't mean dunking the bow either. Water splashes up over the stainless rubrail, and this is with nobody in the bow.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-19-2007, 10:16 PM Reply   
closedtoe, if that wedge is like 1200 pounds of downforce you just need the extra weight up front to balance the boat. That's the argument.
And lucky for him he's got the wedge to you don't need to add sacs in the back.