Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (nvboarder)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-10-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
I am getting ready to order 2 pairs of wetsounds pro80's for my Malibu, but my concern is will they fit in the factory holes. I have seen pictures of 1 pair on an illusion tower but not two. I don't want to order two for the illusion tower and find out that they conflict with one another because of the size of them. If they don't fit in the factory holes I was thinking of putting one set on the lower mounting factory holes and one set on the bar that runs across the tower. Has anybody here dealt with this issue or have pictures of 4 wetsounds mounted on the illusion tower.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-10-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
Dale and Tim frequent this site often, I am sure they will help you out soon.
Old     (stusumm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-10-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
Two pair will not fit in the factory locations but they work great if you use the lower factory spot and the cross bar. BTW 2 pair of the pro 80 will scream.Upload
Upload
Old     (nvboarder)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-10-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
Beutiful, Thank you for the info and the pics
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-10-2006, 11:02 PM Reply   
I can attest to 2 pairs of Pro80s screaming. And like Stu said, no issues if you put one pair on the factory Illusion side mount, and the other pair on the cross bar.

Upload
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-10-2006, 11:43 PM Reply   
Can anyone with the Pro80s answer these questions?

Is it hard to hear the music while riding? Does it have to be turned up really loud in order to hear it? And finally, does it sound super loud in the boat when you have it turned high enough for the rider to hear?

Thinking about getting some, thanks
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-11-2006, 6:26 AM Reply   
You can clearly hear the music. You will need to turn it up just like any speaker but what I found is you have very little spill over into the boat and most of the sound it out to the rider. It will also depend upon where the speakers are located. I was able to talk in the boat while pushing music out to a rider. I am very happy with the wetsounds.

Another thought is you can put a 485 in the center vs 2 Pro 80's. That is what I have on my boat and it rocks. Plus the 485 tucks up tighter to the tower than the pro 80's
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-11-2006, 6:38 AM Reply   
Coach - That is suprising to hear you say that. The Wetsounds rule when you're riding but in my experience they will make your ears bleed in the boat!

Even when you are sitting under them in the boat (so not in their direct path) they are still really, really loud. That being said I still think they're awesome.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-11-2006, 7:54 AM Reply   
Coach's tower is about 2-3 ft taller than an Illusion tower.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-11-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
Lucky is right about the tower height. It is also farther back than the illusion tower. The bottom of the wetsound pro 80's is 6'6" from the floor of the boat. Both factors maybe the reason why I am not getting as much spill over.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-11-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
These sit very low on my proflight tower so music in the boat can be harsh at times.

Upload
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-11-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
Aww the Trifecta. I love that set up.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-11-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
I've never heard them under an Illusion tower...only under a Monster. I guess it would apply to both since both towers are about the same height. I will say the Monster I hear them in has the speakers OVER the bimini and it still can blow you away in the boat. I can't even imagine how loud they would be on an Illusion with the bimini up and projecting some of that sound down into the boat.

I see your point about the Tige tower height.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-11-2006, 3:10 PM Reply   
David and Stussman, you guys need to set your grills up like JTW has em...they are straight on his speakers. Regardless, they all look awesome!
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-11-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
you cant move the speaker grills
Old     (nvboarder)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-11-2006, 9:10 PM Reply   
So I heard from Wetsounds that they are making swivel mounts for the pro80 but they wont be ready until early next year. This sounds like a great idea so you can turn the pods out a little for when your outside the wake. Again thanks for all the info and pictures I can't wait to get these things installed. What kind of Amp are you using to push the wetsounds? just curious I have an Alpine MRV-F545 pushing my current tower speakers but I don't thank it is going to be enough.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-11-2006, 9:19 PM Reply   
I have a threesome like JTW and am running a Kicker ZX 850.4 (a 650.4 would work fine) but I wanted to min any heat build up.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-12-2006, 6:31 AM Reply   
I use a Memphis 500.4 to push my wetsounds speakers and appears to be plenty.
Old     (stusumm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-12-2006, 6:48 AM Reply   
Zapco 1000.4
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-12-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
Patrick - with the way the Illusion speaker mounts, there is no way to have the grills "straight."

I'm using a Massive Audio 800.4 to push 4 Pro80s.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-12-2006, 7:26 AM Reply   
What we recommend for the grills on the Illusion if you are running 2 pairs. Take the grill off and screw the speaker back in. Then take some very small self tappers and screw the grill back in the place you want them so they are even.

The swivel clamp will be here in end of Dec/begining of Jan.

Tim-Wet Sounds

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (massattitude)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-23-2006, 4:26 PM Reply   
Tim is 100% right.
I moved my grills before I even turned them on to hear them.
It took me about 15 minutes per speaker.
C'mon you have to own a Phillips screwdriver????
These things sound GREAT.
I am running jl 300-2 a pair on my tower.
I would attach a picture if I could I figure out how, LOL
Tools are more for me than computers.