Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old                03-02-2005, 3:44 PM Reply   
What components make up the stock MC X2 stereo? In particular, with the stock amp and sub how much power does the amp have and what kind of amp is it? can I run Skylon Defcon III tower speakers off the amp or do I need another amp for these tower speakers. If I need another amp what should I get. Not looking for the ultimate stereo just some good tunes.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-04-2005, 5:31 PM Reply   
I am not sure what kind of stuff comes standard in the X2. I know one thing it has just enough power for the regular stereo. I would suggest using another amp. That way you can adjust the gain and the crossover for you tower speakers seperate. I would suggest a Memphis Audio Power Reference 300.2 or the JL audio 300/2 Both are great amps and will not break the bank. The Mmephis amp can not be bought online you have to find a retailer that sells them
(http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/details.asp?id=65).
The JL can be found on ebay for around 300 bucks.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18796&item=5756466 537&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Hope that helps.