Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jason99ta)      Join Date: May 2010       06-21-2010, 1:09 PM Reply   
I am just about to purchase the following for my '03 X-2:

Flyhigh 50"x20"x20" V-drive sacs (http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/FL_Fp3pA)
X-2 Integrated bow sac (http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/FL_Zgywr)

I heard you can re-use the factory hard tank fittings using teflon tape. Do these bags come with fittings? If not, which ones from Fly High are needed?

How is everyone plumbing their Integrated Bow Sac in? I believe I have seen a few threads where guys "piggy back" off the factory KGB ski locker pump, while other use a completely seperate pump. Also, is this the IBS everyone is running? Couldn't find out if it was specific to the newer model picklefork X-2s or the 205v/X-Star/X-2/X-1 hull.

Thanks,
Jason
Old    mojo            06-22-2010, 1:22 AM Reply   
i had an 05 x2 and i simply removed the hard tanks, dropped in 750's, and hooked up the drain and fill with fly high's fittings. IMO, it's a pain to plumb the bow sac and it doesn't fill very much under the seat. just fill it on top of the seat w/ a tsunami pump and bow filler cushion. makes a wonderful relaxing seat for 1 person.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-22-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
Jason, It's not that hard to plumb in the integrated sac.
For my integrated bow sac on my 01 XStar I put in a separate Jabsco Reversable pump, and put it in the rear locker, next to the other pumps.. I put in a separate Thru-Hull Intake in the transom, next to the 3 that already existed. I ran one hose from the pump up to about the gas tank. I then split it into a Y and ran to hoses up to each side of the boat...one underneath the stereo on the port side, and the other I just ran up through where a lot of the wires and stuff come up on the starboard side.

I ran a vent line and put the thru-hull for that right next to the vent for the factory KGB bag. The drain line thru-hull comes out by the drain thru-hulls for the rear bags (just under the rubrail).
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-22-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
Also, it took me maybe 5 hours to complete the project.