Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-24-2004, 7:21 AM Reply   
A buddy of mine just bought an 04 moomba outback. It didnt come with a wake plate, but I see the Mobius has that option on the XLV. Is it available for the outback? Is it worth it? Fat sacks go in next week so we will have weight, just curious about the wake plate option...
Old    needca            05-24-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
yes it is available for the outback, and you're definitely going to want that wakeplate, its a must have, especially if you're going to weight the boat down
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-24-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
don't know how much it costs, but it definitely helps plane the boat when heavily loaded....could save gas to offset initial cost.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-24-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
Is it anything like Malibu's wedge? If so I agree - he needs it. When I saw one on the mobius it looked like a trim tab on a regular boat - just in the center. Was that it? Dealer told him it wasnt an option for the outback - I'm not sure the dealer was right though - as moombas are a supra boat.
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-24-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
nothing like the wedge.....it works just like a trim tab. if the hulls of the outback and mobius are the same, it goes without saying....but if they are different, you may not be able to get one for the outback.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-24-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
Have you ridden the outback with weight in it? Is the wake just mush without it?
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-24-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
My friend just got one installed on his Supra DD, and it is like a whole different boat. Perfect wake at your finger tips, no matter how it is weighted, and it gets up on a plane way faster and easier, which will save some gas.
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-24-2004, 2:29 PM Reply   
"...have i ridden outback..." no, but i ride behind a heavily weighted mobius lsv a lot. with the plate down, the boat will plane much faster. once you get to speed, raising the plate all the way up helps the wake a lot. i'm not sure if the plate in the fully raised position is the same as riding without a plate at all....never ridden the mobius without the plate installed. my guess is that it was designed so that raising the plate all the way up E-ffectively negates any A-ffect of having one at all. make sense?
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-25-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
G - otcha.

Told him he needs it, but now he's sort of outta money with his new purchase.

Oh well - thanx for the info.