Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-21-2012, 5:36 PM Reply   
My brother in law is looking to add a sub woofer and amp to his pontoon boat. We came across this all in one combo from Wetsounds - does anyone have any experience with it. He is looking for something like this where he does not have to screw with getting a box, resin, finding a sub, wiring the woofer etc....this almost seems too easy.

It looks like it is a fiberglass sealed enclosure with a 500 watt class D amp attached powering a 10" woofer. Cost is around $549. I really like how all the controls are in one spot

I know it is really new to the market - but looking for some additional feedback.

Check out the pics - it's pretty cool.

Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-21-2012, 5:52 PM Reply   
If it's from Wetsounds I'm sure it's good to go.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-22-2012, 8:38 PM Reply   
I guess since this product is so new - there are not many with feedback.

Well he ordered it anyway - I post some feedback in the next couple of weeks when it is delivered and installed
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-22-2012, 9:31 PM Reply   
I don't know anything about this new sub. I've been really impressed with everything wetsounds makes, with the exception of their subs. I haven't heard an xs-12 that sounds good yet. I've heard a few xxx's that sound ok, but for the money, there are lots of better options.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-23-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
He is going to love this sub murphy. The AS-10 is an awesome system. Being that it is compact and all in one with the built in 500 watt amp. It really is super easy to add bass to just about anything. Cant wait to hear the feedback on what he thinks.

Justin, how were the subs you "heard" set up? I find it very odd that you would say that. The guys at Hydrotunes have done hundreds of installs in boats and will tell you that our Tige with two XXX subs is the hardest hitting boat they have built. And there are some they did Ten 10's and another with some larger subs and so on.

So in the end, it is how the system is set up and not the sub itself. The XS-12 and XS-XXX like ported boxes. So in sealed they do OK but ported they will blow you away. Also, power and location. Chucktronics had a customer who had a XS-XXX in a pre fab box in the back locker of a boat with a free air woofer grille as a vent hole. Guy and his buddy blamed the XXX for poor performance. And wanted to change to another woofer. Boat also had 1000 watts amp with spliced together 4 ga. Just poor install on every level and poor location. Chucktronics explained that it was nothing to do with the woofer and the XXX is an amazing woofer. So he built a new enclosure in a new location. New amp and new wiring and new tuning. Guy was blown away and his buddy who was with him blaming the XXX ordered a XXX for his boat.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (jmanst15)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-27-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
any other reviews on the Ht -AS 10. Seriously considering buying one!
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-27-2012, 12:32 PM Reply   
According to UPS tracking - the package was delivered today. Be back with a review soon
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-27-2012, 2:51 PM Reply   
95% of stereo is in the install and setup. i have heard a ton of hlcd stereos that sound worse than a well set up car speaker.i hear subs all the time that totally miss rather than hit. not the subs fault. im sure this setup is nice